It looks so foggy outside today. I am off for my morning walk soon with Mollie the Collie then having a walk into town to meet my mum for a shopping trip and hot chocolates!!
Do you have any fun plans for today?
What’s for dinner?
Have you already planned it?
Are you looking for some different recipes to make up using chicken?
Fancy trying this Chicken, Parsley and Spelt Risotto recipe out?
Chicken risotto with a parsley twist.
Parsley is so much more than just a garnish. Use curly leaf parsley in this recipe, which pairs wonderfully with fresh lemon juice, for a zesty twist to a classic dish.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20-25 minutes
How To Make Chicken, Parsley And Spelt Risotto:
You will need:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g pearled spelt
- 150ml white wine
- 700ml hot chicken stock
- 1 pot curly parsley, roughly chopped
- 25g Parmesan, grated
How To Make:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken, onion, pepper and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir in the spelt and add the wine, cook until nearly all absorbed.
- Gradually add in the stock a little at a time and cook gently, covered for 20-25 minutes until the grains are tender and chicken is cooked throughout.
- Stir in the parsley and Parmesan and season to taste.
Chop the parsley stalks as well as the leaves to get extra flavour. For a vegetarian option, remove the chicken and add mushrooms, courgettes and butternut squash.
Chicken, Parsley And Spelt Risotto. Recipe and photography courtesy of Love Fresh Herbs.
What do you think of this Chicken, Parsley And Spelt Risotto recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Try now and pin for later.