Parmigiano Reggiano, Barley, Butternut Squash And Pancetta Risotto.
The beginning of autumn is the perfect time to pull out the jumpers, pack away the picnic blankets and restock the larder with Parmigiano Reggiano. With its artisanal production and unique flavour, this cheese is the perfect addition for hearty and comforting autumnal recipes.
Parmigiano Reggiano is also highly digestible and filled with minerals and vitamins, making it a great cheese to keep on hand for an after-school snack or energy boost after a long day. With the cooler days of autumn ahead, try these warming and flavoursome recipes featuring Parmigiano Reggiano, the only Parmesan.
How To Make Parmigiano Reggiano, Barley, Butternut Squash and Pancetta Risotto:
- ½ Butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 10 Sage leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 3 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 150g Smoked pancetta cubes
- Knob of butter
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 150ml White wine
- 400g Barley, rinsed
- 1.2 L Chicken stock
- Parmigiano Reggiano rind, 5cm long
- 2 tbsp Crème fraîch
- 50g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Place the squash, sweet potato, 2 tbsp oil, sage, garlic and half of the pancetta on a baking tray and mix to coat with the oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, melt a knob of butter in a saucepan with the remaining oil and sweat the onion until translucent. Add the remaining pancetta and cook until golden-brown.
- Add the wine and reduce slightly before adding the barley, chicken stock and Parmigiano Reggiano rind. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add more stock if necessary.
- Add the roasted vegetables and pancetta (reserving some for serving) and cook for a further 10 minutes until the barley is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, remove the rind and stir through the crème fraîche, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and season to taste.
- Serve with the reserved roasted vegetables and pancetta, extra Parmigiano Reggiano and sage.
What do you think of this Parmigiano Reggiano, Barley, Butternut Squash And Pancetta Risotto recipe?
Do you fancy trying it?
Recipe courtesy of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Recipe and photography credit: Tastehead and Steve Lee Photography.
You Might Also Like:
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post