Fancy making some Bonne Maman Marbled Fruity Meringues?
An irresistible take on a summer favourite – delectable meringues served with whipped cream and fresh summer fruits…
Make the most of the abundance of sweet, seasonal strawberries available at this time of year with this deliciously do-able recipe using Bonne Maman’s latest Conserves.
Ingredients: (Makes 8 large meringues):
- 240g white caster sugar
- 120g (4 egg whites), at room temperature
- 8tbsp Bonne Maman Conserve, such as new Rhubarb & Strawberry or Mirabelle Plum
- Fresh strawberries, whipped cream to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C, fan oven 180C, gas mark 6.
- Spread the sugar over a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and put in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the sugar just begins to melt around the edges, but not caramelise
- Meanwhile, put the egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Just before the sugar is ready whisk the egg whites until frothy.
- Take the warm sugar from the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to its lowest setting.
- Continue whisking the egg whites, slowly adding the sugar until the mixture is very stiff, glossy and cool.
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment and spoon the meringue mixture into eight generous blobs, leaving space for them to expand in the oven.
- Now, drizzle a spoonful of conserve over each meringue and swirl into the mixture using the point of a spoon.
- Put the trays in the oven and leave for several hours or until crisp on the outside and ‘hollow’ when tapped in the bottom. It should take between 4-6 hours.
- Now turn the oven off and leave the meringues in there to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and fresh summer fruits.
- Do take the time to weigh the egg whites, it does make a difference
- Store the meringues in an airtight container and use within 2-3 days.
Recipe and recipe photo courtesy of Bonne Maman
You might also like: