Recipe development by Moyra Fraser. Image copyright, Bonne Maman UK.
Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat: Valentines Cake. Hello friends; so how are you today? Are you looking for special cake ideas?
Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat. An irresistible new cake recipe just in time for Valentine’s Day, delivered from Bonne Maman with love.
How To Make A Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat: Valentines Cake:
Bonne Maman is one of Britain’s best-loved conserves, famous for its signature gingham lids, use of simple, traditional methods and high quality, all natural ingredients.
Combining delicious milk chocolate, velvety beetroot and Bonne Maman’s sumptuous Raspberry Conserve for the ultimate Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat. Recipe development by Moyra Fraser. Image copyright, Bonne Maman UK.
- 100g (3 ½ oz) cooked beetroot, roughly chopped
- 125g (4 ½ oz) milk chocolate, chopped
- 5 tbsp Bonne Maman Raspberry Conserve
- 125g (4 ½ oz) unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g (4 ½ oz) plain flour
- 6 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 110g (4oz) golden caster sugar
- 15g (1/2 oz) finely chopped hazelnuts
- Fresh raspberries and icing sugar to decorate
Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat Method:
How To Make:
- Firstly, heat the oven to 180C, fan oven 160C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 15cm wide, 8cm deep heart-shaped tin with baking parchment.
- Put the beetroot and 2 tbsp of the conserve in a blender and blitz for a few seconds to puree.
- Put 100g of the chocolate and 100g of the butter into a large heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water for 10 minutes to melt.
- Meanwhile, sift together 70g of the flour, the baking powder and 5 tsp of the cocoa.
- Stir the melted chocolate and butter together until smooth. Now beat in the egg yolks until smooth. Fold in the beetroot puree.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff then gradually whisk in 85g of the sugar until the egg whites are stiff and shiny. Fold into the beetroot mixture. Now sift the dry ingredients again into the bowl and fold in quickly using a large metal spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, turn the oven down to 160C, fan oven 140C, gas mark 3. and put in the oven for 45mins to 1hr. A skewer pushed into the centre should come out clean. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate crumbs. Put the remaining 55g of plain flour, 1 tsp cocoa, 25g caster sugar and 25g of butter into a small bowl and rub together until crumbly. Spread on a foil-lined baking sheet and put into the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly baked. Cool.
- Finely grate the remaining 25g chocolate into the cold crumbs and add the hazelnuts.
- Turn the cake bottom up and spread with the remaining conserve. Spoon over the chocolate crumbs and pat down well into the conserve.
- Last but not least, put a heart of fresh raspberries on top and dust with icing sugar before serving.
– Any of Bonne Maman’s red fruit conserves can be used in this cake. Try Black Cherry, Wild Blueberry or Strawberry and Wild Strawberry.
– The width of heart shaped tin is measured from the dip in the top of the heart to the point. If you don’t have a heart – shaped tin use a 900g loaf tin instead.
– Vacuum-packed, cooked beetroot is available from all major supermarkets. Check label to make sure it’s not in vinegar!
– The cake without the fresh raspberries freezes well for up to 1 month.
Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat: Valentines Cake:
So what do you think of this Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat Valentines Cake Fancy making one? Because I do.
Also for more Valentines Day inspiration, click here: Valentines Day.
You Might Also Like:
4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day:
Firstly, 4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day. Valentines day is just around the corner and do you have anything fun planned to celebrate it? So today I am sharing 4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day if one of you plans is to bake something yummy this year. 4 Heart Shaped Recipes To Try Out On Valentines Day.
9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal At Home:
Secondly, 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal At Home. The days are flying by and less than a month until Valentine’s day. So are you going out this year or are you planning a nice meal at home? If so and you are making someone special, a nice romantic meal at home; I have a post for you. Today I am sharing 9 tips for a perfect Valentine’s day meal at home: 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal At Home.
Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat:
Gateau au Coeur de Chocolat. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post? Also hit the tags for more tasty recipes. If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
Also, find me on the Web | Twitter | Facebook
Polka Dot Lady. You can also read more about me here: Polka Dot Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.