Spiced Squash And Spinach: Jacket Potato Fillings.
A super healthy filling that makes the most of Autumn’s rich harvest with squash, spinach and potatoes fresh from the soil.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Spiced Squash And Spinach: Jacket Potato Fillings:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 400g butternut squash, peeled and deseeded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp medium curry paste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 can coconut milk
- juice 1 lime
- 215g can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 50g spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- chopped coriander to garnish if liked
- 4 Bannisters Yorkshire Family Farm Baked Jacket Potatoes
Spiced Squash And Spinach: Jacket Potato Fillings Method:
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry until soft. Cut the butternut squash into 2cm cubes, stir into the onion with the garlic, curry paste and turmeric.
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice, chick peas and season. Bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 20 mins or until the squash is tender.
- Stir in the spinach and simmer until wilted. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the mixture spooned into hot baked potatoes with a scattering of chopped coriander if liked.
What do you think of this Spiced Squash And Spinach: Jacket Potato Fillings recipe post?
Do you fancy trying some?
Recipe and image c/o Bannisters Yorkshire Family Farm.
For more information about the full range, visit the Bannisters Yorkshire Family Farm website or to pick up a pack of 4 Bannisters Yorkshire Family Farm Baked Potatoes or 6 Bannister Yorkshire Family Farm Little Jacket Potatoes for around £2.00 – £2.50 in the freezer aisles of Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons, Aldi, Ocado, Iceland, Whole Foods, Costcutter and Nisa.
Looking for so more recipe ideas?
You Might Also Like:
Spicy Beans And Bangers.
Home Baked Beans With Jacket Potatoes.
Blue Cheese And ‘shrooms.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: