BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons – Great for Valentine’s Day. Hello friends, happy Thursday. So do you fancy making some sweet macarons?
These tasty macarons are also a perfect special treat for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s
How To Make BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons:
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
4 large egg whites
175g icing sugar
170g ground almonds
170g caster sugar
For The Filling:
200g butter (at room temperature)
100g icing sugar
10 BerryWorld strawberries, hulled and sliced
BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons What To Do:
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 170°C fan/ 150°C.
2. Place 2 of the egg whites in a large bowl, sift in the icing sugar and ground almonds and mix into a paste.
3. Place the water and caster sugar in a small pan, and bring to the boil. The syrup needs to reach 118°C.
4. While the syrup is boiling, whisk the 2 remaining egg whites until stiff, ideally using an electric whisk. Pour the hot syrup slowly into the egg whites, whisking all the time. Continue whisking until the mixture is thick glossy and cool – the syrup will cook the eggs.
5. With a spatula, gently stir the syrup and egg whites mixture with the sugar, and almond paste until the two mixtures are combined.
6. Place the mixture into a piping bag and pipe out equal rounds onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Don’t worry if all the mix doesn’t fit on the tray, you can cook it in batches.
7. Allow the macaroons to sit for 20-30 minutes so they can form a skin. Cook the macaroons for 15-20 minutes and then allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes.
8. For the filling, beat the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Sandwich the macaroons together with two slices of strawberries and a little buttercream.
BerryWorld Strawberry And Almond Macarons:
These tasty macarons are also a perfect special treat for Valentine’s Day.
Update post. First published here 10th January 2019. So what do you think of this recipe? Do you also fancy making some? Because I could just reach for one now!BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons. Recipe and image courtesy of BerryWorld.
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal At Home: Are you going out this Valentine’s day or are you planning a nice meal at home? 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal At Home.
Secondly, 20 Valentine Recipes To Try: With Valentine’s day just around the corner, here are a few yummy treats to try out before the big day. 20 Valentine Recipes To Try.
Last but not least, Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts: Today I am sharing Bohemia’s Head Pastry Chef Ellen de Jager’s Tips on the best Valentine’s Day Desserts. Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts.
Why not follow my Valentine’s Day Board On Pinterest For More Ideas?
Finally, I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.