Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce And Crushed New Potatoes. Hello friends. Happy Sunday. So how are you today? If you favour fish for your supper, you can’t beat this salmon with a classic watercress sauce.
Indulge in tasty delight this dinnertime with Pan Fried Salmon, served with a luscious Watercress Sauce and accompanied by perfectly Crushed New Potatoes. A harmonious blend of flavours and textures that will step up your dining experience.
How To Make Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce And Crushed New Potatoes:
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce Ingredients.
- Secondly, Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 x salmon fillets, skin on
- 250g new potatoes
- 125g trimmed green beans
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 8 vine cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
For the Watercress Sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 75ml dry white wine
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 50ml double cream
- 50g watercress, roughly chopped
- Vegetable oil
Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce:
- Firstly, place your new potatoes in a pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through. Remove from the heat and drain.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ᵒC. Place a large frying pan over a high heat and add in a splash of oil. While the pan heats, check that your salmon fillets have been descaled, if not you can scrape the scales off the skin using a knife. Prepare your salmon fillets by patting them dry and seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is very hot, place the salmon fillets into the pan, skin side down. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes, or until skin is golden and crisp. Turn the fillets carefully and cook on all sides for 10 minutes to colour. Transfer the salmon to a baking tray and place into the pre-heated oven for 5-10 minutes, depending on how well done, you like your salmon, keeping the frying pan to once side. Once the salmon is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking try, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put the tray into the oven for around 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and cooked through.
Onto The Sauce:
- Make your sauce by placing the salmon frying pan back on to a medium heat. Add in the butter, then once it starts to foam add in the diced shallots along with a pinch of salt. Fry gently for a few minutes, or until shallots are soft and translucent, then pour in the white wine. Reduce the wine by half, then add in the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in the watercress and cook for 30 seconds only before removing from the heat.
- Pour the watercress mixture into the bowl of a blender or food processor and blend on high speed. Add in the cream and blend again, then taste and add salt if necessary.
- Take your cooked new potatoes and tip them back into the dry saucepan. Add in a tablespoon of olive oil along with the chives and some salt and pepper, then take a potato masher and crush the potatoes together. Cover to keep warm until serving.
- Finally cook your green beans in salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Serve your crushed new potatoes, green beans, roasted tomatoes and salmon, then pour over a generous amount of flavourful watercress sauce. Bon appetit!
Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce And Crushed New Potatoes:
Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce. So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy trying it? Because I know I do.
Guest post. Recipe c/o The Watercress Company and Watercress.
You Might Also Like:
#ThankGoodness Challenge With Dolmio and Britmums- Firstly, I love fun challenges, especially when it involves food!! Last week I was invited to take part in a fun food challenge called #ThankGoodness with Dolmio and Britmums.
Dolmio is our go-to pasta sauce. Our household all love the taste, and it is full of healthy ingredients. My favourite variety is the one with extra chunky courgettes. The Hubby likes the one with extra onion and garlic. I then add some fresh courgettes. Either way, it tastes amazing: #ThankGoodness Challenge With Dolmio And Britmums. So tasty.
17 Pizza Recipes For Beer And Pizza Day:
17 Pizza Recipes For Beer And Pizza Day- Secondly, hello friends and also, Happy Beer and Pizza Day. Are you a fan of a nice cold beer or a steaming hot pizza? What about a beer and a pizza!? Love them together? How yummy.!?: 17 Pizza Recipes For Beer And Pizza Day. So much fun.
Thirdly, How To Make Salmon with Sticky Ginger Sauce. How tasty does this sound? The ginger cordial makes a great base for a teriyaki sauce and served with simply stir-fried broccoli and carrots make a really tasty family meal that’s healthy too. How To Make Salmon with Sticky Ginger Sauce. So tasty.
Fourthly, Griddled Salmon On A Bed Of Broccoli, Shallot And Chilli Stir Fry. Very tasty and easy to prepare, the sweetness of the shallots complimenting the hot and crunchy broccoli, perfect for an instant supper or when entertaining on a time budget. Griddled Salmon On A Bed Of Broccoli, Shallot And Chilli Stir Fry. So good.
Also, do you Follow Along On Facebook? Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce:
Pan Fried Salmon With Watercress Sauce. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.