Welcome to my first ever Creative Thursday blog hop.
A place to link up all your creative post and share your ideas with others.
This week I have been making Halloween cupcakes!!
Makes : 24
For the cupcakes you will need:
- 24 paper cases.
- 230g /8 oz self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 230g/8 oz butter or soft margarine
- 230g/8 oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- finely grated rind from a orange.
- 4 tbsp milk
For the topping you will need:
- 170g/6 oz butter
- 350g butter
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 drops red food colouring
- 2 drops yellow food colouring
- 24 spooky jelly sweets
- Pre-heat oven to 180 c 350 f and put 24 paper cases 2 cupcake trays.
- Squeeze the orange juice in a bowl and save for later,then grate the orange rind into finely pieces.
- Sift the flour,baking powder and sugar in a large bowl and add the butter, eggs, milk and orange rind beat together until all mixed in nicely.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 24 paper cases and bake for around 20 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack and leave until cold.
Making the butter icing:
- Beat the butter until soft and sift the icing sugar into the bowl and add the orange juice and food colourings, beat well until light and fluffy.
- Place in a piping bag with a star end.
- Swirl the butter icing around the top of the cakes.
- When all 24 are finished place a sweet on top.
- Leave to chill for a while if the butter icing goes a little soft when handling.
These cakes taste great only one problem I can’t find orange food colouring anywhere so I made my own but it did look slightly light any ideas how to make a brighter orange any one?
This is a creative blog hop where you can add all your home made creative projects from making cakes to needle craft and you can add as many links as you like…
So one question …
What have you been making?
The Creative Thursday list is now closed.