Spiced apple yogurt cake, delicious served warm with custard or crème fraiche..
Makes: 8” cake
Serves: 8-10 slices
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1hr 15 minutes
- 3 apples
- 113g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar (plus 1 tbsp for sprinkling)
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 2tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp salt
- 1tsp ground cinnamon (plus 1tsp for sprinkling)
- 125g Rachel’s Limited Edition Apple and Cinnamon Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 170◦C/350◦F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line an 8 inch round loose bottom or spring-form cake tin.
- Begin by peeling and coring one apple, quarter and chop into rough pieces. Take the other two and leaving the skin on cut into quarters and then into thin slices, taking out the core. Set aside for a moment.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one by one and then add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon, stir well until these are all incorporated. Add the reserved apple pieces and the yogurt and give the mixture a good stir.
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top making sure it is level. Arrange the apple slices on top of the cake in a circular pattern .
- Combine 1tbsp of caster sugar and 1tsp of ground cinnamon and sprinkle this over the top of the apple slices.
- Bake for 50 mins/ 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin before removing and transferring to a wire rack.
About this post: This recipe was provided by Rachel’s. No Payment was received.