Fancy trying some orange and cranberry Christmas cupcakes?
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Makes: 12 cakes
- 225g margarine or butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g self raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 100g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
- 70g dried cranberries, chopped
- Orange zest, juice of ½ orange
- 250g icing sugar
- 30g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
- Heat the oven to 190C/Fan 170C/Gas Mark 5.
- Arrange paper cases in muffin or bun tins.
- Place the margarine, sugar, flour and eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat for about two minutes until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Fold in the yogurt, dried cranberries, orange zest and juice.
- Divide the mixture between the cases so that they are half filled and bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with the yogurt and mix until smooth.
- Tip: the icing should be runny and flow.
- Decorate each cake with a blob of icing and spread with a palette knife. Alternatively, leave to run to the edges of the paper case. Leave the icing to set.
- Cakes will keep in an airtight container for up to four days.
About this post: This recipe was provided by Rachel’s. No Payment was received.