Happy Sunday. Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Are you on the lookout for a nice and tasty salad recipe?
One with fruit inside?
Chicken & Blackberry salad anyone.
This chicken and blackberry salad not only looks beautiful but packs a punch when it comes to flavour. The soft chicken mixed with the juicy blackberries and the zesty lemon dressing is a winner.
How To Make Chicken & Blackberry Salad:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 slices walnut bread, ripped into small chunks
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Bag of watercress
- 50g feta
- 100g blackberries
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 2tsp honey
What to do:
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. Put the bread onto an oven tray, drizzle with the oil and season well. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes until crisp.
2. Combine all of the dressing ingredients and season.
3. Put the chicken, watercress, feta and blackberries in a salad bowl or plate, add the croutons and drizzle with dressing. Toss well and serve.
Note: The flavour of walnut bread works well with blackberries but if you can’t find it then any bread will do.
Recipe and images courtesy of BerryWorld
What do you think of this healthy fruity salad recipe?
Fancy trying this Chicken & Blackberry?
You may also like this mango salad recipe too: Fancy a refreshing Avocado Mango Salad?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.