Are you looking to make a weekend treat more healthy?
Want to know how to make healthy oven baked fish & chips?
Make this low-fat recipe for a healthy & tasty family favourite option!
A quick and healthy version of fish and chips.
Perfect for a treat dinner without cheating if you are counting the calories.
Delicious and healthy, what is not to love!?
How To Make Healthy Oven Baked Fish & Chips:
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 75g whole-wheat couscous
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1½ tsp LoSalt
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 4 skinless, boneless cod or haddock fillets
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 200g vine on cherry tomatoes
- 750g King Edward potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp paprika
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7.
- Place the couscous in a small bowl. Heat the lemon juice for 30 seconds in a microwave and make up to 100ml with boiling water and pour over the couscous with the zest, cover and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and mix in ½ tsp LoSalt and chives.
- Dip the fish in the egg and coat in the couscous, place on a large greased baking tray with the cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into 1½cm chunky chips. Toss with oil, paprika and remaining 1 tsp LoSalt and spread out on another large greased baking tray, bake in the top part of the oven for 10 minutes. Add the fish tray below and cook for a further 20 minutes, remove the fish tray and cook the chips for a final 5 minutes until golden.
- Serve the chips with the fish and tomatoes.
Recipe and image courtesy of LoSalt
What do you think of this How To Make Healthy Oven Baked Fish & Chips?
Fancy making some?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below and join the conversation.