Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos.
Are you planning a New Years Eve Party?
Are you looking for some nibbles and party food recipe ideas?
Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos anyone?
Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus marinating
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes, plus marinating
Serves: 8 (2 tacos per person)
How To Make Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos:
- 32 raw tiger prawns, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ tbsp harissa
- 8 large corn or flour tortillas
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 100g mayonnaise
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- small handful coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
1. Put the prawns into a bowl with the garlic and 1 tbsp harissa; season and set aside. Cut triangles (about 7cm diameter) or discs (with a 9cm cookie cutter or by cutting around an upturned mug) out of the tortillas. (The remaining tortilla pieces can be fried and seasoned to make tortilla chips).
2. Pour vegetable oil into a medium pan until it comes 1cm up the sides, and set over a medium heat. Once hot, add 3 or 4 cut tortillas at a time and fry for about 1 minute, turning over halfway through, until lightly golden. Remove and put on a piece of kitchen paper to drain, then immediately transfer to a wire rack, sprinkle with a little salt and allow to cool and crisp up. Repeat with the remaining triangles or discs.
3. Clean out the pan with kitchen paper and return to the heat. Add the prawns; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until just cooked through. Set aside. Mix the remaining ½ tbsp harissa with the mayonnaise. To serve, place a small leaf of little gem lettuce on top of each of the tortillas. Dollop on some harissa
You Might Also Like:
How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes:
Ginger cakes topped with cream. Yummy!
Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake:
If you’re wondering how to make a vegan cake, we have the perfect recipe.
Ready in under an hour, this moist, fluffy vegan frosted lemon cake recipe makes a great vegan treat, particularly good with a cup of tea.
Pulled Pork Nachos: Fully Loaded:
Love nachos and cheese?
Fancy making some of these tasty Pulled pork nachos?
Follow along on Twitter for more tasty recipe ideas: Claire Justine O.