Roasted Plum and Fennel Porridge, anyone? Hello friends, so how are you today? Are you lookimg for a tasty breakfast idea?
Porridge is a perfect breakfast to start the day for those chilly mornings in Autumn/Winter. (This recipe contains nuts).
How To Make Roasted Plum And Fennel Porridge:
- 40g Quaker Oats
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
Roasted Plums (serve 8):
- 4 red plums, cut into eighths
- 35g tbsp light brown sugar
- 15g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp roughly chopped pistachios
How To Make:
- Firstly, preheat an oven to 180C.
- To roast the plums place the sliced plums into a small roasting dish and sprinkle over the sugar and the butter.
- In a mortar and pestle lightly grind the fennel seeds. They don’t have to be a powder, just broken open to release the flavor.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the plums.
- Place the roasting dish into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the fruit occasionally until soft and tender but still holding their shape.
- Put the Quaker Gluten Free oats into a saucepan, pour in the semi-skimmed milk.
- Bring it to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, by stirring it continuously.
- Once the porridge is ready pour a portion into a bowl and top with 4 slices of plum and a little of the syrup from the pan.
- Sprinkle over the pistachios and serve.
Roasted Plum And Fennel Porridge. *Recipe c/o Edd Kimber Recipes for Quaker* So what do you think of this Roasted Plum And Fennel Porridge recipe? Do you also fancy making some up one chilly morning?
You Might Also Like These Recipes:
- Firstly, Apple & Maple Syrup porridge with Pistachio Nuts. This is simply your usual porridge made up with milk topped with a grated apple, bit of lemon juice on the grated apple to keep it fresh, maple syrup and pistachio nuts. Yummy!! Maple Pear Porridge. So good.
- Secondly, Cinnamon Spiced Morning Porridge Bowl. I love anything sweet with cinnamon in it. Do you too? If so you will love this recipe. Cinnamon Spiced Morning Porridge Bowl. So tasty.
Thank you so much for stopping by.