Hello, Happy 1st of November.
I have a tasty superstar salad recipe to share with you today.
Fancy trying this Persimon Superstar Salad?
This lively salad is bursting with wonderful, good-for-you flavourful foods!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
How To Make A Persimon Superstar Salad:
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 125g red or white quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), chopped
- 2 Spanish persimons, chopped
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp cider vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g butter
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Put the sweet potato chunks and red onion into a roasting tin and toss with 2tbsp olive oil. Season, sprinkle with the cumin seeds and roast for 20 minutes, until tender.
2. Meanwhile, simmer the quinoa with a pinch of salt in double the volume of water for 15-20 minutes for red quinoa and 8-10 minutes for white. Turn off the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
3. In a large serving bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and a little salt and pepper. Add the quinoa and tip in the sweet potatoes and onion. Gently mix in the avocado, beetroot and persimons.
4. For the croutons, melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the bread on both sides until crisp and golden. Use a star-shaped cutter to cut into shapes, or simply slice into cubes. Serve, sprinkled on the salad.
Cook’s tip: You could use butternut squash instead of sweet potato.
Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon
Fancy trying this Persimon Superstar Salad? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Do not forget to share your recipes here with us every Monday, Wednesday and Friday too.