Happy Saturday. Fancy making some Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins for breakfast or brunch?
A tasty recipe to try out over the weekend. Cake for breakfast!? What’s not to love!
How To Make Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins:
Makes: 10-12 muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- 25g wheat bran
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 75g butter, melted and cooled
- 200ml milk
- 175g Chantenay carrots (preferably large), washed and grated
- 150g raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/Gas Mark 6. Place 10-12 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, bran and mixed spice into a large mixing bowl and mix to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, melted butter and milk, then add to the flour mixture along with the Chantenay and raisins. Quickly stir with a wooden spoon until everything is just combined – do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Cook the muffins in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until they are well-risen, cooked through and golden brown on top.
Enjoy these delicious muffins with a hot cup of freshly made coffee.
Recipe and image courtesy of Chantenay.
What do you think of this Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Right, the Daughter and I are off to spend her Birthday money in Nottingham this morning. We are going nice and early to miss the football crowds.
Have a great Saturday 🙂
You might also like these ideas:
Carrot Cake Pancakes:
Carrot cake or pancakes??
Why not both in one!?
Enjoy the flavour of carrot cake – in a pancake!
These are quick-to-make and a treat to eat.
Or maybe an afternoon treat?
Carrot loaf cake anyone?
Do you like any of these ideas?