6 Christmas Pea Recipes: The Christmas Pea Recipes. The Christmas Peas 🎄 Because peas are great, aren’t they?
Hello friends. So how are you today?
6 Christmas Pea Recipes
- Firstly, Crispy Prawns With Sweet Chilli And Pea Puree.
- Secondly, Pea And Ham Hock Salad.
- Thirdly, Pea Ice Cream With Bacon Wafers.
- Fourthly, Peas And Brussels Sprouts With Hazelnut And Orange Glaze.
- Fifth, Peas in Blankets.
- Sixth, Smoked Duck Breast With Pea Cream And Mint Air.
6 Christmas Pea Recipes:
Today I am also re-sharing 6 Christmas Pea Recipes with you. Of course, who does not love peas with their Christmas dinner?
Crispy Prawns With Sweet Chilli And Pea Puree:
Firstly, do you fancy making some Crispy Prawns With Sweet Chilli And Pea Puree?
- 300 g Garden Peas
- 1 pack breaded prawns
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- salt, to taste
- Firstly, cook the breaded prawns and peas separately, according to their pack instructions.
- Mix the peas, sweet chilli sauce and salt in a blender.
- Last but not least, arrange the prawns and purée on a plate and serve.
6 Christmas Pea Recipes: Pea And Ham Hock Salad:
Secondly, how about making a tasty Pea And Ham Hock Salad?
- 80 g Garden Peas
- 20 g alfalfa sprouts
- 20 g lentil sprouts
- One teaspoon English mustard
- 10 g red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 50 g ham hock
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- Firstly, cook the peas according to the pack instructions.
- Make a dressing by combining the oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar. Season to taste.
- Mix most of the dressing with the drained peas, peppers and sprouts.
- Arrange the mixture in a ring on a plate, garnish with salad leaves and top with the ham hock.
- Last but not least drizzle over the rest of the dressing and serve.
Serving Tip: Also perfect with crusty bread.
Pea Ice Cream With Bacon Wafers:
Thirdly, Pea Ice Cream With Bacon Wafers, anyone?
- 225 g Garden Peas
- 220 g semi-skimmed milk
- 250 g single cream
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g water
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 2 slices streaky bacon
- Firstly, pour the milk, cream, sugar and peas into a pan and heat to 85°C.
- Add the water and mint and blend until smooth.
- Cover with a lid or cling film and let stand in the fridge until cold.
- Fill your ice cream maker with the mixture and freeze.
- To make the wafers, bake the bacon at 200˚C for 7–8 minutes until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Last but not least insert the wafers into the ice cream and serve.
So much fun.
Peas And Brussels Sprouts With Hazelnut And Orange Glaze:
Fourthly, do you fancy trying this Peas And Brussels Sprouts With Hazelnut And Orange Glaze?
- 400 g Garden Peas
- 200 g prepared Brussels sprouts
- 50 g butter
- 50 g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt and black pepper
- Cook the Brussels sprouts in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes, add the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Drain and place in a warm serving dish. Melt the butter in a small heavy-based frying pan. When the butter is foaming add the chopped nuts and fry for 1 minute until golden. Add the orange juice and the sugar and cook for a further minute. Add the grated orange zest. Season and toss the vegetables in the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a small heavy-based frying pan. When the butter is foaming add the chopped nuts and fry for 1 minute until golden.
- Add the orange juice and the sugar and cook for a further minute. Add the grated orange zest.
- Season and toss the vegetables in the sauce.
- The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin.
- When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- To also microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non-metallic container and cover.
- Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W).
6 Christmas Pea Recipes: Peas in Blankets:
Fifthly, how fun are these Peas in Blankets?
- 200 g Garden Peas
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- a few leaves of fresh mint
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 12 rashers of streaky bacon
- Firstly, preheat oven.
- Sauté the onions in oil until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and stir for 2 minutes, then repeat with the peas for a further 2 minutes.
- Season to taste, take off the heat and mix in a blender.
- Drop in the mint leaves and fold in the breadcrumbs.
- Form the pea mixture into 12 sausage shapes and wrap each one in bacon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Last but not least serve as a snack, side or with a mixed salad.
Smoked Duck Breast With Pea Cream And Mint Air:
6 Christmas Pea Recipes.
Last but not least, Smoked Duck Breast With Pea Cream And Mint Air.
- 60 g edible sprouts
- 100 g smoked duck breast, thinly sliced
- 150 g Petits Pois
- 2 g soy lecithin
- 20 g mint leaves
- Firstly, infuse the mint in 250g of hot water for 15 minutes, strain and let it stand, discarding the leaves.
- Once cooled, add the lecithin, blend and allow to rest in the fridge.
- Cook the peas according to the pack instructions and blend with a little water until smooth and thick.
- Arrange the sprouts in the centre of a plate and top with the duck slices. Decoratively drip the pea cream around the edges.
- Remove the mint water from the fridge and, with the blender blade half in the liquid, make some air bubbles on the surface. Use some cling film as a lid to avoid the mess.
- Last but not least, skim the bubbles with a spoon, add as a finishing touch to the dish and serve.
Serving Tip: This is also perfectly complemented by a glass of sparkling wine. So posh!
6 Christmas Pea Recipes: The Christmas Pea Recipes:
So what do you think about these pea recipes? Do you also fancy trying any? Because I know I do! Updated post. First published here: 16th December 2016
Recipes c/o Peas and Brussel Sprouts with hazelnut and orange glaze. This recipe is made using Birds Eye Peas. Special thanks for this recipe go to Yes Peas! And for all others:
Birds Eye: This recipe is also made using Birds Eye peas, for more delicious recipes visit Birdseye. No payment was received. In addition to these Christmas recipes, for all things Christmas-y Click here: Christmas.
You Might Also Like:
Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!! Firstly, Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked Festive Recipes From California Walnuts. How To Make A Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Read more here Walnut And Cranberry Pie.
Walnut Panettone Bread And Butter Pudding Recipe: Secondly, Walnut Panettone Bread And Butter Pudding Recipe. Hello friends, now that Halloween has been and gone the shops are filling up with Christmas ideas. Read more here Walnut Panettone Bread And Butter Pudding.
Stay On Track This Christmas With Three Time: Thirdly, Stay On Track This Christmas With Three Time Olympian And Personal Trainer, Sarah Lindsay. Read more here Stay On Track This Christmas With Three Time Olympian And Personal Trainer, Sarah Lindsay.
13 Spanish Persimon Recipes: In Season Now: Fourthly, 13 Spanish Persimon Recipes: In Season Now. As Spanish Persimons are on sale anytime I thought I would share this post again. Read more here 13 Spanish Persimon Recipes.
Love Your Christmas Food Leftovers With These 5 Easy Turkey Recipe Ideas:
Love Your Christmas Food Leftovers With These 5 Easy Turkey Recipe Ideas. Last but not least, Love Your Christmas Food Leftovers With These 5 Easy Turkey Recipe Ideas. Happy Boxing Day. So I hope you all had a lovely Christmas? So, any Turkey left over? I think it is hard not to have some food waste around at Christmas so today I am also sharing a few ideas on how to use up your leftover Turkey. Read more here Christmas Food Leftovers With These 5 Easy Turkey Recipe Ideas.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post? If so why not follow along so you never miss another post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.