Cavolo Nero, Cranberry & Prawn Cocktail How To Make. Hello friends. Happy Monday.
How much fun are Prawn cocktails? I also love prawns in anything and everything. Especially in salads though with prawn sauce.
They bring back fun memories of being a teenager.
If I was ever to go out for a meal, I would always order one of these.
When I use to go to the pub with my mum and dad occasionally at the weekend and the seafood man always use to come around selling seafood nibbles.
I always had to have the prawns and Rosemary dressing.
I love making them too. So posh and they are so retro. I am thinking the good old 80’s but never go out of fashion.
How about trying this recipe out with a modern day twist?
Fancy shaking up your usual prawn cocktail recipe and adding some Cavolo Nero and Cranberry sauce into you next one? Of course with lots of prawns, seafood sauce and the traditional paprika!
How to make a Cavolo Nero, Cranberry & Prawn Cocktail:
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
½ x 500g pack cavolo nero
75g seafood sauce
1 tbsp cranberry sauce (30g)
300g frozen cooked, peeled prawns, defrosted
¼ tsp sweet smoked paprika
Cavolo Nero, Cranberry & Prawn Cocktail Method:
1.) Firstly, cook the cavolo nero in boiling water for 5 minutes, cool under cold water and drain well.
2.) Meanwhile, mix the seafood sauce and cranberry sauce together, stir in the prawns and season.
3.) Last but not least, divide the cavolo nero between 4 glass serving dishes, top with the prawn mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
Cooks Tip: Try using large tiger prawns and hot paprika for an extra special starter.
Updated post. First published here: 14th December 2016. Recipe c/o Discover Cavolo Nero.
So are you a fan of the classic prawn cocktail? Do you fancy trying this modern version out with a Cavolo Nero twist?
Of course, join the conversation! Also let me know in the comments below your thoughts and if you get to try it out. A fun party food recipe. This will get people talking.
Latest From The Blog:
- A View From Sky Gardens Also The Effects From Stress
- Peanuts Snoopy Pink Sweatshirt And How I Styled
- Vintage Steampunk Hat Reminds Me Of Alice
- All We Hear Is Radio Ga Ga Radio Goo Goo Radio Ga Ga
- Snow Way!! What I Wore In The Snow: Over 40 Style
- Street Art Saturday: How To Fake It Till You Make It!!
- 9 Tips For A Perfect Valentines Day Meal
- 5 Fun Dog Quotes To Start Your Weekend
- Never Rains But It Pours… Over 40 Style Blogger
- Hot Pink Dress Teamed Up With Miss Piggy Shoes
- Don’t Look Back In Anger I Hear You Say
- Rest In Peace Dad, We Love You So Much…
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.