Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked Festive Recipes From California Walnuts. Hello friends. Happy Sunday. So how are you today?
Do you fancy making this walnut and cranberry pie? Because I do!
Updated Post. First published here 5th November 2019.
How To Make A Walnut And Cranberry Pie:
Indulge in the perfect blend of rich, nutty walnuts and tart cranberries with this delectable Walnut and Cranberry Pie. A delightful harmony of flavours in every slice. Try it today!
Walnut and Cranberry Pie is a delightful twist on the classic holiday dessert. This delectable pie combines the earthy richness of walnuts with the sweet-tart burst of cranberries, creating a harmonious blend of flavors and textures.
The nutty crunch of the walnuts complements the juicy cranberries, while a warm, fragrant blend of spices adds depth and complexity to each bite. The pie filling is typically sweetened with sugar or maple syrup, and a flaky, buttery crust encases the luscious filling.
It’s a dessert that captures the essence of the season and is perfect for sharing with loved ones around the holiday table. Walnut and Cranberry Pie is a symphony of tastes and a true celebration of the flavours of autumn and winter.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Walnut And Cranberry Pie Ingredients.
- Secondly, Walnut And Cranberry Pie, Method.
- Thirdly, Other Post Ideas.
Prep: 20 minutes plus chilling | Cook: 45 minutes
You Will Need:
For The Pastry:
- 25g Walnut Halves
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar (10g)
- 75g butter, diced
- 150g light brown muscovado sugar
- 50g butter, softened
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100ml Maple Syrup
- 50ml single cream
- 150g Walnut Halves
- 75g dried cranberries
How To Make:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- To make the pastry, place the walnuts in a Food Processor and finely chop. Add the flour and icing sugar and pulse to blend together. Add the butter and mix to give a breadcrumb texture, add 2-3 tbsp cold water and mix to give a soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured surface and line a 23cm fluted flan tin. Prick the base with a fork and chill for 10 minutes. Place on a baking tray, line the pastry case with foil and add baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes, remove the beans and foil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, whisk together the sugar and butter until blended. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time then whisk in the vanilla, maple syrup and cream.
- Roughly chop 100g of the walnuts and add to the filling with the cranberries. Pour into the pastry case and scatter over the remaining walnuts. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 180oC, gas mark 4 and bake for a further 20 minutes until just set. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Also great served warm with ice cream or cream.
- Try using golden syrup instead of maple syrup.
Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!!
So what do you think about this Walnut And Cranberry Pie Recipe? So tasty, indeed. Do you fancy making one? Especially great served up at any small family parties you might be planning this Christmas.
Recipe and image courtesy of California Walnuts.
You Might Also Like:
Superfood Christmas Salad. Firstly, do you fancy making a Superfood Christmas Salad? Indeed today I have that tasty salad recipe to share with you. Superfood Christmas Salad Recipe.
Walnut Panettone Bread And Butter Pudding Recipe. Secondly, now that Halloween has been and gone the shops are filling up with Christmas ideas. Today I am sharing a tasty festive recipe with you. Walnut Panettone Bread And Butter Pudding Recipe.
Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!! Finally, lovelies; I so hope you like this post? So do you have any plans for today? I do, Of course I do …. work. Ha! Also have a great Sunday. If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
Walnut And Cranberry Pie Recipe:
Walnut And Cranberry Pie Recipe. So look out for more food posts on the blog very soon. Also, find me on the Web | Twitter | Facebook.
You can also read more about me here: Polka Dot Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.
Walnut, Cranberry, Pie, Dessert, Thanksgiving, Holiday, Baking, Pecan, Pastry, Homemade, Autumn, Harvest, Nut, Sweet, Seasonal, Festive, Recipe, Easy, Delicious, Fall.