On Friday we got sent a lovely parcel of baking things to make some yummy cakes from After Eight.
They asked us if we would like to take part in a fun baking challenge: After Eight Bakes. I got to choose which of their recipes I would like to recreate; cheesecake, brownies or white choc mousse?
Decisions, decisions! I love cheese cake but we all love Brownies, so brownies it was!
Anything that has the words cakes or chocolate in them, gets my attention straight away!!
We are a huge fan of After Eight mint chocolates thins here but I had never thought of baking cakes with them inside before.
First up, try out your ingredients with a cup of tea and read the recipe; Check!
Then make sure you have all you ingredients to hand; Check!
- 128g Buttery spread
- 5g Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extracts
- 4 Eggs
- 90g Cocoa
- 128g All purpose flour
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a pack of 300g After Eights Mints
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Preparing my brownies:
- Heat oven to 180c (350F) and grease a13x9x2- inch baking tray.
- Add melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract to a big bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix between each addition.
- Add cocoa and mix until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix with an electric mixer until blended well.
- Pour 3/4 of the batter over the baking tray, place After Eights chocolates evenly over the first layer and cover them with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out slightly sticky.
- Completely cool, cut into 20 slices ans sprinkle with powdered sugar.
We have had a sneaky tasty of them whilst they were warm and we are saving some of them for an after running club treat later. The rest for lunch box treats, yummy!! Or For ME!!!
You can find some for recipes over on Twitter #aftereightbakes
About this post: I was sent some ingredients to make some After Eight Brownies. All thoughts are my own and I was not paid for this post.