How To Make Chocolate And Basil Muffins. Happy Wednesday. How beautiful is the weather today!?
I have already walked my dog Mollie the Collie ran 5 miles and done a spinning class. All before lunch too. Soon be time for 2nd walkies. Now I am thinking of making myself a nice treat.
Talking of treats, I have a fun and tasty recipe to share with you today. Chocolate And Basil Muffins. How cool and tasty do these muffins look!?
Think that herbs and desserts don’t mix? Think again – we present our magnificent basil muffins, perfect for your summertime afternoon tea.
These chocolate and basil muffins are just what I could eat now after a busy morning’s workout. Perfect with a cup of fruit tea.
How To Make Chocolate And Basil Muffins:
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 17-20 minutes
You Will Need:
200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
3 medium eggs
175g light muscovado sugar
1 large pot basil, leaves chopped
175g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
Juice 1 lemon
How To Make:
1.) Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Line a 12 – hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
2.) Meanwhile, place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
3.) Whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and thickened, stir in the chocolate and all but 1 tbsp. chopped basil. Fold in the flour and baking powder and spoon into the muffin cases.
4.) Bake for 17-20 minutes until just cooked through. Cool slightly.
5.) Mix the granulated sugar with the lemon juice and remaining chopped basil and spoon over the muffins.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Love Fresh Herbs. How delicious do these cakes look!?
Perfect for a party to impress your friend’s with or an afternoon Summer’s picnic in the park. Don’t you think too?
What do you think? Fancy trying some of the chocolate and basil muffins?Try now or pin for later. For more tasty cupcakes click here: All About The Cupcakes.
- 10 Fun Afternoon Tea Cupcake Recipes
- Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes & How To Make
- Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes: Easter Baking
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins
- 3 Yummy Mug Cake Ideas: Homemade Cakes In Cups
- Blueberry Muffins: The Best Muffins I Have Ever
- 9 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Bake With Kids
- 7 Chocolate Cupcake Recipes For Chocolate Cupcake Day
- 10 Afternoon Tea Recipes For Dessert Day
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins
- How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween
- How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes To Share
- BerryWorld Vegan Blackberry And Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins For The Weekend
- The Tower Of London And Superbloom
- Flowers With Yellow Petals And Brown Center
- National Mango Day And 15 Recipes To Try
- A Brown Polka Dot Dress And How I Wear It
- 7 Ice lolly Recipe To Keep You Cool This Summer
- 6am Walkies To Beat The Heat And A New
- 5 Ways To Eat More Spinach: Fresh Spinach Day
- White Dr. Martens Boots And A Dress
- National Mac And Cheese Day
- 4 Recipes For National Mojito Day To Try
- 6 Recipes For National Blueberry Muffin Day
- 33 Cheesecake Recipes For Afternoon Tea
- 3rd July 2022 Newsletter: Claire Justine
- 27th June 2022 Newsletter: Claire Justine
- How To Make Macarons