How To Make Chocolate And Basil Muffins. Happy Wednesday. How beautiful is the weather today!?
I have already walked my dog Mollie the Collie ran 5 miles and done a spinning class. All before lunch too. Soon be time for 2nd walkies. Now I am thinking of making myself a nice treat.
Talking of treats, I have a fun and tasty recipe to share with you today. Chocolate And Basil Muffins. How cool and tasty do these muffins look!?
Think that herbs and desserts don’t mix? Think again – we present our magnificent basil muffins, perfect for your summertime afternoon tea.
These chocolate and basil muffins are just what I could eat now after a busy morning’s workout. Perfect with a cup of fruit tea.
How To Make Chocolate And Basil Muffins:
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 17-20 minutes
You Will Need:
200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
3 medium eggs
175g light muscovado sugar
1 large pot basil, leaves chopped
175g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
Juice 1 lemon
How To Make:
1.) Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Line a 12 – hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
2.) Meanwhile, place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
3.) Whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and thickened, stir in the chocolate and all but 1 tbsp. chopped basil. Fold in the flour and baking powder and spoon into the muffin cases.
4.) Bake for 17-20 minutes until just cooked through. Cool slightly.
5.) Mix the granulated sugar with the lemon juice and remaining chopped basil and spoon over the muffins.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Love Fresh Herbs. How delicious do these cakes look!?
Perfect for a party to impress your friend’s with or an afternoon Summer’s picnic in the park. Don’t you think too?
What do you think? Fancy trying some of the chocolate and basil muffins?Try now or pin for later. For more tasty cupcakes click here: All About The Cupcakes.
- 10 Fun Afternoon Tea Cup Cake Recipes To Try Out
- Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes: Easter Baking How To Make
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To
- 3 Yummy Mug Cake Ideas: Homemade Cakes In Cups
- 9 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Bake With Kids
- 7 Chocolate Cupcake Recipes For Chocolate Cupcake Day
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- How To Make Oaty Carrot And Oregano Muffins
- How To Make Green Thing Cupcakes For Halloween
- How To Make Gingerbread Cupcakes To Share
- BerryWorld Vegan Blackberry And Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chantenay And Raisin Breakfast Muffins For The Weekend
- Eggs-tra Special Chocolate And Beetroot Cupcakes
- How To Make Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes
- 6 Christmas Cupcake Recipes: Spoil Your Friends
- Flowered Jumpsuit And Polka Dot Trainer
- Selfie Saturday With The Owl Trail In Nottingham
- Can Not Resist A Bargain & My Biggest Bargain Ever
- Pink Animal Print Dress & A Black Polo Neck Jumper
- Two Heads Are Better Than One By Ryan Mosley
- A Walk In The Peak District: Winnats Pass
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Kid From The Goonies Film: Street Art Saturday
- Ready For The Weekend: Bring It On
- Throwing My Outfit Back To Christmas
- Tell Me What You Did Last Weekend
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Street Art Sunday
- Sometimes The Smallest Things Take Up The Most Room
- Heatwave And What To Wear When You Are Having One
- Flip Flops Are Fun But Sometimes Your Flip Flops!