How To Make Franco-Welsh rarebit With Comté. Happy Sunday friends, I hope you are enjoying your weekend?
It has been lovely to see the sun out over the last few days. It has me dreaming of Summer lunches in the garden. Love Summer here.
Do you like to eat lunch outside on warm sunny days too?
I have a lovely recipe to share with you today:
Fancy making some Franco-Welsh rarebit with Comté?
I love all kinds of cheeses on toast/toasted bread but I have never made any with Guinness on it before!
This would make a perfect weekend lunch or an afternoon snack in the garden, don’t you think?
How To Make Franco-Welsh rarebit with Comté:
A classic made all the more delicious by using Comté.
You Will Need:
- 150g Comté (aged 18 months), grated
- 80ml Guinness
- 80ml double cream
- 2 medium sized free range egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 thick slices white bread
How To Make:
1. Put the grated Comté into a medium bowl.
2. Simmer the Guinness in a saucepan until it has reduced by half, then add the cream and reduce again by half until it is really thick. Pour this over the Comté and add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and egg yolks with a twist of black pepper (the mixture is salty enough so you do not need to add salt).
3. Heat the grill to medium and toast the bread on both sides.
4. Spread the cheese mixture evenly in a layer about 1cm thick over one side of each slice of toast (right up to the edges to avoid the bread burning), then place on a baking tray about 10cm beneath the grill for about 4 to 5 minutes until the topping is bubbling and nicely browned.
How To Make Franco-Welsh rarebit With Comté Recipe and image courtesy of Comté
What do you think of this Franco-Welsh rarebit with Comté recipe?
Fancy trying this recipe out?
Try now or pin for Summer.
You Might Also Like:
Butternut Squash, Sage & Comté Risotto.
Watercress, Beetroot & Fennel Salad With Comté, Basil & Walnut Crostini.
Twice-Baked Potatoes With Comté And Spring Onions.
How To Make Brussels Sprout & Comté Gratin.
Comté And Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart.