Comté And Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart.
Fancy making this tasty Comté An Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart?
Impress your dinner party guests or perfect for Summer lunches or snacks in the garden.
New season green asparagus spears and lemony crème fraîche on a puff pastry base, topped with Comté and baked until the pastry is flaky and the topping is bubbling and golden brown.
How To Make A Comté And Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart:
- 1 x 320g sheet of ready-made all-butter puff pastry
- 16 thin asparagus spears, cut into 14cm lengths (woody ends discarded)
- 150g crème fraîche
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 100g Comté (aged 12 months), finely sliced
1. Heat the oven to 185ºC fan / 205ºC normal.
2. Mix the lemon zest and 1 teaspoon of the juice into the crème
fraîche and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice if wished.
3. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 equal-sized rectangles and lightly score a 1cm border around the edges. Place them onto baking parchment on two baking trays and, using the back of a spoon, spread the centres with crème fraîche, up to (but not over) the scored borders.
4. Arrange 4 asparagus spears on top of each tart and arrange the Comté on top.
5. Bake the tarts for 25 to 30 minutes, until the pastry is deep golden brown and the cheese is bubbling and golden brown in patches – halfway through cooking, you may wish to swap the baking trays over and turn them around to ensure the tarts cook evenly.
6. Once the tarts are ready, allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Comté And asparagus puff pastry tart recipe and image courtesy of Comté.
Fancy making one of these Comté And Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to bake one.
Pin for now or for Summer or party idea boards.
You Might Also Like: