Persimon® Star Scones: Great For Afternoon Tea. Hello friends, so how are you today?
Persimon® Star Scones, anyone?
This is an easy, homely way to serve Persimon® – chopped up in a simple scone recipe, then served with Persimon® conserve and clotted cream.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Persimon® Star Scones Ingredients.
- Secondly, Persimon® Star Scones, Method.
- Thirdly, More Post Ideas.
How To Make Persimon® Star Scones:
Preparation: 25 minutes || Cooking: 18 minutes for scones,
20 minutes for conserve
You Will Need:
- 450g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 110g butter, chilled and diced
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 Spanish Persimon®, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 large egg Approx.
- 260ml milk
- Clotted cream, to serve
- 2 Spanish persimons, trimmed and chopped
- 120g caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
How To Make Persimon® Star Scones:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Fan Oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Put a baking sheet into the oven to preheat. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips, until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and chopped Persimon®. Beat the egg in a measuring jug, then add milk to bring the liquid up to 300ml, mixing well. Add just enough of this to the rubbed-in mixture to make a soft (not sticky) dough – there will be some liquid left.
- Bring the mixture together and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Flour your hands a little, then knead the dough lightly for a few moments. Wrap in cling film and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to about 3cm thick. Use a star-shaped cutter to stamp out shapes. Avoid twisting the cutter when doing this, just press it straight through the dough. Gather any trimmings together, re-roll and cut out more scones.
- Arrange the scones quickly onto the preheated baking sheet. Brush the surface of each one with the remaining egg and milk mixture. Bake for 15-18 minutes towards the top of the oven, until well-risen and golden brown. Cool for a few moments, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- While the scones are baking and cooling, make the Persimon® conserve. Put the Persimon® into a saucepan with150ml water, the lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. The liquid should almost evaporate to give a jam-like consistency. Cool, then serve on warm scones, with clotted cream.
- If you don’t have a star-shaped cutter, just use a round one with a diameter of 6-7cm.
Persimon® Star Scones: Great For Afternoon Tea
So what do you think about this Persimon® Star Scones, recipe? Do you also fancy making some? Great For Afternoon Tea. Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon.
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, 13 Spanish Persimon Recipes: In Season Now. Spanish Persimons are in season and all ready to buy at all major supermarkets. I thought now would be a good time to share 13 different Spanish Persimon Recipes. Updated Post. In season and available from mid-October until January. Spanish persimon® are a delicious fruit with a delicate flavour similar to a peach or a mango. Persimon’s are the golden delicious fruits that hang off the trees after the leaves drop in autumn. 13 Spanish Persimon Recipes: In Season Now.
- Secondly, 3 Apple Pie Recipes: Just Like Grandma Used To Make. I love homemade apple pies. Do you too? Served warm with custard or ice cream, yummy! Whenever I see them, I can’t help thinking of my Grandma. They also bring back fond memories of being a child. My Grandma always use to bake apple pies, whenever she could get the apples. 3 Apple Pie Recipes: Just Like Grandma Used To Make.
- Thirdly, 10 Afternoon Tea Recipes For Dessert Day. As it is dessert day in the U.S. and I have lots of blog friends over there, I thought I would share some yummy recipes from the blog. Ones I can not resist!! I bet you can not resit them too. 10 Afternoon Tea Recipes For Dessert Day.
13 Of The Best Blueberry Recipes From The Blog:
- Fourthly, 13 Of The Best Blueberry Recipes From The Blog. Are you looking for any recipes to make up over the next few days? I love blueberries and today I am sharing 13 Of The Best Blueberry Recipes From The Blog. 13 Of The Best Blueberry Recipes From The Blog.
- Fifth, Summer Flowers At Victoria Embankment. Have you got any fun plans for the rest of the week or the weekend? Next week I have made plans for a makeover in our bedroom. I can not wait has it is looking so plain and boring at the minute. Summer Flowers At Victoria Embankment.
- Sixth, 7 Vintage Inspired Afternoon Tea Recipes. Did you know 12th August to the 18th August is Afternoon Tea Week? Love afternoon tea? If so, today I am sharing 7 Vintage Afternoon Tea Recipes ideas with you today. 7 Vintage Inspired Afternoon Tea Recipes.
Strawberry And Raspberry Ripple Eton Mess Picnic Puds:
- Seventh, Strawberry And Raspberry Ripple Eton Mess Picnic Puds. Make up the strawberry swirled meringues and fruit puree the day before. Then just layer with whipped cream and extra fruit in recycled jam jars and screw on the lids. Strawberry And Raspberry Ripple Eton Mess Picnic Puds.
- Eighth, Venice Beach Swing Dress. I love vintage style clothes and 2 of my favourite shops to visit in Meadowhall are Joe Browns and Cath Kdston. Joe Browns is such a beautiful shop from the clothes they sell to the amazing decor. Venice Beach Swing Dress.
- Ninth, 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes To Try Out. Great for popping on your toast when sitting in the garden at breakfast this Summer. Or how about afternoon tea in the garden with a cold slice of crust bread with marmalade on? 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes To Try Out.
4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party:
- Last But Not Least, 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party. So what do you think about these 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party? Do you also fancy trying any of these recipes? What do you serve at a BBQ party? 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party.
Thank you so much for stopping by.