Any fun plans for the weekend?
My husband is off work tomorrow so we will all be running Parkrun.
I need to bake a nice treat for us all afterwards too. Something quick and easy!
Are you looking for a quick and easy treat recipe?
Something sweet for the weekend?
Today I am sharing this McVitie’s Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart recipe with you:
How To Make A McVitie’s Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart:
- 9oz/225g McVitie’s Ginger Nuts Biscuits
- 2 1/2oz/60g dairy free spread
- 2 large or 3 small lemons
- 2oz/50g cornflour (4 ½ tbsp/ 4 ½ x 15ml sp)
- 3tbsp/3 x 15ml sp icing sugar
- Sprig of fresh mint and icing sugar to decorate
- Line the base of 7inch/18cm loose-bottomed flan tin with a disc of baking parchment.
- Put the McVitie’s Ginger Nuts biscuits into a freezer bag (thick plastic bag) and crush well using a rolling pin.
- Melt the dairy free spread, stir in the biscuit crumbs. Put into the tin, using the back of a spoon press the crumbs to form the base and sides of the tart. Set aside to cool.
- Wash the lemons well, finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice. Put into a measuring jug and make up to 18floz/500ml with water. Stir in the cornflour until completely dissolved with no lumps.
- Put into a pan and heat, gently stirring all the time. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the icing sugar, add a little extra if desired, and spoon into the biscuit case. Smooth to level and leave to cool. Garnish with a sprig of mint and dust with a little icing sugar just before serving.
Recipe and image c/o McVitie’s Ginger Nuts.
Fancy trying a slice or two of this McVitie’s Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart !?
Try now or Pin for later.
Let me know if you get to make it.
Share your thoughts in the comments below.