There is nothing better on a summer evening than enjoying a meal al fresco whilst you soak up the sun.
Try this delicious recipe for homemade ravioli with Parma Ham and a walnut pesto.
This recipe serves 4 – 6 people.
How to make Ravioli with Walnut Pesto and Parma Ham:
For the Pasta:
- 3 eggs
- 300g flour
- 10g white wine
For the filling:
- 150g frozen Swiss chard and spinach
- ½ clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 small sprigs of marjoram
- 100g ricotta cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 50g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 70g Parma Ham, minced
For the walnut pesto:
- 200g shelled walnuts
- ½ clove garlic
- 50g breadcrumbs soaked in milk
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parma Ham slices, to garnish
1. For the pasta, mix all the ingredients and knead until the dough is elastic and stretchy. Cover with cling film and store in a cool place for 30 minutes. Quickly cook the Swiss chard and spinach in a pan only with the water remaining from rinsing. Once cooked, wring it out and chop finely. Add the garlic, marjoram, ricotta cheese and egg and mix well. Finish with grated Parmesan and minced prosciutto. Add salt to taste.
2. Roll out a thin sheet of pasta and cut squares of about 6 cm per side. On each square, arrange a knob of filling, then fold the pasta to form a triangle and seal the edges. Arrange the ravioli’s on trays covered with dish towels.
3. For the walnut pesto, peel the walnuts after blanching them, then pound them in a mortar with garlic, marjoram and crumb. Salt and add the necessary oil to make a creamy and smooth pesto. If too hard, add a couple tablespoons of boiling water.
4. Cook the ravioli’s in salted boiling water, drain and dress with the walnut pesto. Garnish with Parma Ham.
Recipe and photo courtesy of:
Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma
Photography: Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma
Recipe and Food Styling: Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma
Fancy trying this Ravioli with Walnut Pesto and Parma Ham recipe out?