Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie. Hello friends. Happy Monday. I hope you are keeping well?
With the festive season over, a new year stretches ahead full of good intentions. With the determination to exercise and eat more healthily key resolutions for many.
How good to know then that to keep the second half of this promise is relatively easy. With the help of some delicious new recipes featuring the original superfood – watercress.
Watercress (an 80g bag is available for as little as £1 from supermarkets nationwide). It is the ‘star’ of smoothies, salads, soups and so much more. Boasting an incredible 50 vital vitamins and minerals, gram for gram watercress contains more calcium than milk.
More Vitamin C than oranges, more folate than a banana and more Vitamin E than broccoli. Watercress is a powerhouse of goodness.
But, more than that, over a decade’s worth of medical research has shown powerful links between watercress and the prevention of cancer.
As well as the reduction of exercise-induced DNA damage – something that could prove useful if you’re hitting the new year gym too.
So, go ahead, enjoy this great tasting, healthy watercress recipe. Safe in the knowledge you’re keeping your word and on the way to a healthier you.
Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie:
A simple, delicious and very green smoothie.
Ideal for breakfast for a healthy start to the day brimming with a range of fantastic compounds.
Also vitamins and minerals that will leave you feeling energised and ready for anything.
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 small avocado, peeled and seed removed
50g diced pineapple, fresh or frozen
23g baby spinach
1 whole lime, peeled
Small handful mint leaves
250ml chilled coconut water
Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie Method:
1.) Add all ingredients into a blender or smoothie maker and blend thoroughly.
2.) Add more coconut water to achieve desired consistency if necessary, then either serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to three days.
Updated post. First published here 1st January 2018.
Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie Recipe credit courtesy of:
This recipe was developed by development chef Keri Astill-Frew.
Keri has worked in top restaurants across the UK.
Also including a Michelin star hotel in Lancashire and a variety of fine dining restaurants and gastro-pubs in Dorset and Sussex.
She is passionate about watercress, both as an ingredient and for its fantastic health benefits.
Also is devoted to developing new and delicious ways for you to incorporate more of it into your diet.
For more information and many more recipes please visit Watercress.
Recipe Photography courtesy of Lara Jane Thorpe.
Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie
- Blender or smoothie maker
- 1 small avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 50g diced pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 33g watercress
- 23g baby spinach
- 1 whole lime, peeled
- Small handful mint leaves
- 250ml chilled coconut water
- Add all ingredients into a blender or smoothie maker and blend thoroughly.
- Add more coconut water to achieve desired consistency if necessary, then either serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to three days.
So what do you think of this Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie? Do you fancy trying it?
For more yummy smoothies, check out the smoothie list.
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, 6-a-Day Smoothie: Back to School with Watercress. Bin the soggy sandwiches and get creative with these wonderful watercress recipes for kids’ lunchboxes. 6-a-Day Smoothie: Back to School with Watercress.
Secondly, Watercress Breakfast Smoothie Bowl Recipe. Give Yourself a Peppery Health Kick in the New Year! Watercress Breakfast Smoothie Bowl Recipe.
Thirdly, Watermelon Cucumber Slushy. Remember summer trips to the corner shop for a slushy that would turn your tongue bubblegum blue? How To Make A Healthy Watermelon Cucumber Slushy.
Latest From The Blog:
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
Finally, I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.