Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka. Hello friends. So are you looking for something tasty for brunch?
Do you also fancy making this Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka?
Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka:
Also, how about making this for brunch too?
This makes a perfect supper or serve when you have a group of freakish friends coming over and you need something quick, easy and dangerously delicious.
How To Make Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
A red chilli, finely chopped (or two if you like chilli heat)
One crushed garlic clove
A large beef tomato (approx. 300g) chopped
A handful of Piccolo tomatoes
1 tsp red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper
A pinch of sugar
2 free-range eggs
1 tbsp breadcrumbs
Fresh coriander to serve
What To Do:
1.) Firstly, heat the oven to 190°C.
2.) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry a chopped onion until softened.
3.) Add the chillies and garlic clove and cook for 1 minute.
4.) Add the chopped tomatoes and Piccolo tomatoes, then cook for 15-20 minutes. Add the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
5.) Make 2 wells, crack in 2 free-range eggs, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake for 6-8 minutes to cook the eggs.
6.) Last but not least, scatter with a few fresh coriander leaves and serve.
So what do you think of this recipe?
Updated post. First published here 2nd October 2018. Recipe and photos c/o The Tomato Stall.
You might Also Like:
Firstly, Speciality Tomatoes On Hot Garlic Bread with Pesto anyone?Speciality Tomatoes on Hot Garlic Bread with Pesto.
Secondly, Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets With A Tomato Salad. Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets With A Tomato Salad.
Thirdly, Tomato, Mozzarella And Basil Puff Pastry Tart. Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Puff Pastry Tart.
So what do you think of this Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka recipe?
Fancy making it for brunch, lunch or supper? Because I do!
Join in with the conversation and share your thoughts in the comment box below.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine
Thanks for stopping by today and hopefully you will pop back again soon.
Got a recipe to share? Why not join us for this week’s Creative Mondays and share your recipes with us?
Finally, I also hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post?
Remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.