Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka. Hello friends. So are you looking for something tasty for brunch?
Do you also fancy making this Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka?
Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka:
Also, how about making this for brunch too?
This makes a perfect supper or serve when you have a group of freakish friends coming over and you need something quick, easy and dangerously delicious.
How To Make Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
A red chilli, finely chopped (or two if you like chilli heat)
One crushed garlic clove
A large beef tomato (approx. 300g) chopped
A handful of Piccolo tomatoes
1 tsp red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper
A pinch of sugar
2 free-range eggs
1 tbsp breadcrumbs
Fresh coriander to serve
What To Do:
1.) Firstly, heat the oven to 190°C.
2.) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry a chopped onion until softened.
3.) Add the chillies and garlic clove and cook for 1 minute.
4.) Add the chopped tomatoes and Piccolo tomatoes, then cook for 15-20 minutes. Add the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
5.) Make 2 wells, crack in 2 free-range eggs, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake for 6-8 minutes to cook the eggs.
6.) Last but not least, scatter with a few fresh coriander leaves and serve.
So what do you think of this recipe?
Updated post. First published here 2nd October 2018. Recipe and photos c/o The Tomato Stall.
You might Also Like:
Firstly, Speciality Tomatoes On Hot Garlic Bread with Pesto anyone?Speciality Tomatoes on Hot Garlic Bread with Pesto.
Secondly, Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets With A Tomato Salad. Griddled Lemony Chicken Fillets With A Tomato Salad.
Thirdly, Tomato, Mozzarella And Basil Puff Pastry Tart. Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Puff Pastry Tart.
So what do you think of this Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka recipe?
Fancy making it for brunch, lunch or supper? Because I do!
Join in with the conversation and share your thoughts in the comment box below.
You Might Also Like:
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
Thanks for stopping by today and hopefully you will pop back again soon.
Got a recipe to share? Why not join us for this week’s Creative Mondays and share your recipes with us?
Finally, I also hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post?
Remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.