Dairy Free Beef And Watercress Griddle Cakes. Hello friends. Happy Saturday. So how are you today? It is my weekend off work so me and Murphy Are Just Chilling. Dairy Free Beef And Watercress Griddle Cakes, anyone?
These little cakes don’t just taste great, they are packed full of protein and contain a wealth of nutrients from the fresh watercress.
They can also be easily made gluten free just by substituting potato or rice flour. Ideal for a light lunch or supper.
This post also contains affiliate links and banner ads. Which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will not be charged any additional fees if you purchase through an affiliate link. Affiliate links will also be marked with a *.
Dairy Free Beef And Watercress Griddle Cakes:
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g lean minced beef
- 1 bag watercress roughly chopped plus a few sprigs to garnish
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 30g plain flour, wholewheat flour or gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Soy sauce to serve, or for gluten free use wheat-free tamari
- Firstly, fry the beef with a large pinch of salt until brown in a large frying pan, then drain on a paper towel. Once drained, stir together with the watercress and spring onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, flour and water with a pinch of salt until fully combined. Add to the beef and watercress mixture, adding more flour if consistency seems too thin.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a griddle or frying pan over a medium heat. Measure out 2 tbsp of the mixture per cake and drop into the skillet. Fry until brown, then flip and brown on the other side.
- Remove the cake and place on a warm plate lined with greaseproof paper, keeping covered until serving. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil when required.
- Serve the griddle cakes warm with the soy sauce on the side for dipping.
Dairy Free Beef And Watercress Griddle Cakes:
Updated Post. First published here 30th December 2017.
Dairy Free Beef And Watercress Griddle Cakes Recipe credits courtesy of: This recipe was developed by development chef Keri Astill-Frew. Keri has worked in top restaurants across the UK including a Michelin star hotel in Lancashire and a variety of fine dining restaurants and gastro-pubs in Dorset and Sussex. She is passionate about watercress, both as an ingredient and for its fantastic health benefits, and is devoted to developing new and delicious ways for you to incorporate more of it into your diet. For more information and many more recipes please visit Watercress. Recipe Photography courtesy of Lara Jane Thorpe. You might also like some of these tasty Watercress Recipes.
You Might Like These Affiliated Links Below:
Did You See:
- Firstly, Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats. Great for brunch. Are you looking for some nice and healthy brunch recipes? Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats anyone? You might also like this Halloumi And Watercress Brunch Salad too. Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats: Great For Brunch. So good.
- Secondly, Healthy Kids’ Bento Box: Back to School with Watercress. Bin the soggy sandwiches and get creative with these wonderful watercress recipes for kids’ lunchboxes. Not only are they simple and speedy to prepare, but they are also packed with essential vitamins and minerals which will give your little ones a much-needed boost throughout the school day. It can be a challenge thinking of new and exciting fillings for packed lunches, especially when your children’s favourite foods might not always be the healthiest of options. but wait, I have an idea for you, fun to look at and most importantly, healthy. Healthy Kids’ Bento Box: Back to School with Watercress.
Chestnut Mushroom And Watercress Stroganoff With Giant Wild Rice:
- Thirdly, Chestnut Mushroom And Watercress Stroganoff With Giant Wild Rice. Chestnut Mushroom And Watercress Stroganoff With Giant Wild Rice. Look forward to the change in the season, the different flavours it brings and enjoy cosy nights in with family, friends and good food! Chestnut Mushroom And Watercress Stroganoff With Giant Wild Rice.
- Fourthly, Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad. Hello friends. Yesterday I mentioned that I would be sharing a few of the new Autumn/Winter Watercress recipes starting with a Pumpkin Risotto With Watercress Pesto recipe. Today I have a tasty Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad recipe to share with you. Serves 2 for lunch or 4 as a side dish without the bread. Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad. So tasty.
- Fifth, Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder With Salt-baked Potatoes And Watercress. I have a tasty dinner recipe idea to share with you today. Fancy a slow-cooked pork in oven recipe to try out. Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder With Salt-baked Potatoes And Watercress. So good.
Pumpkin Risotto With Watercress Pesto(v):
Last But Not Least, Pumpkin Risotto With Watercress Pesto(v). Make the Most of Autumn’s Rich Harvest with Watercress. With the arrival of Autumn comes nature’s rich harvest – fabulous root veg, fruit, nuts and seeds – all begging to be united in mouth-watering combinations, some warming and filling, some simple and light, but all delicious. Development Chef Keri Astill-Frew has taken the best of nature’s larder and conjured up some autumn magic blending it effortlessly with that ultimate healthy powerhouse, watercress.
By October we’re coming to the end of the UK watercress season, however, The Watercress Company owns and works beds in Spain and Florida to ensure a year-long supply of British farmed watercress. Good news for us all as it only makes sense to eat more of this flavoursome leaf which gram for gram contains more calcium than milk, more folate than banana, more Vitamin C than oranges and more Vitamin E than broccoli, while compelling scientific research suggests that there is a powerful link between watercress and cancer prevention. Welcome the change in season with these three fabulous autumn recipes. Over the next few days, I will share them all, starting with Pumpkin risotto with watercress pesto (v). Pumpkin Risotto With Watercress Pesto(v). So tasty.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Finally, I also hope you like this post? At the same time, remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
This post also contains affiliate links and banner ads. Which means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will not be charged any additional fees if you purchase through an affiliate link. Also affiliate links will be marked with a *.