BerryWorld Blueberry and Apple Crumble Cake Served with BerryWorld Blueberry, Lemon and Yoghurt Topping.
Bonfire night celebrations are the perfect excuse to enjoy some beautiful autumnal food and today I am sharing a yummy recipe to share with your friends and family.
BerryWorld blueberry and apple crumble cake – Grab a slice of this cake to take to the display, a perfect treat to enjoy whilst warming up by the bonfire.
How To Make BerryWorld Blueberry and Apple Crumble Cake Served with BerryWorld Blueberry, Lemon and Yoghurt Topping:
This cake, jewelled with blueberries is equally at home as a dessert or teatime treat, the crunchy crumble top and creamy yoghurt and lemon sauce works together perfectly and is lower in fat than many alternatives.
Serves: approx. 10 slices
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: approx 60 to 75 minutes
- 100g plain flour
- 50g butter, cubed
- 50g light brown muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g blueberries
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- 4 tbsps natural yoghurt
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Pink Lady™ apple, cored and cut into small cubes
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 400g Low fat Greek style natural yoghurt
- 100g blueberries
- zest of ½ lemon
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven 200c/180c fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm loose bottomed round cake tin.
2. First make the crumble topping by placing the flour into a large bowl, rub in the butter until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs, stir in the sugar and cinnamon, put to one side.
3. Make the cake by first washing and drying the blueberries, sprinkle with a dusting of flour to stop them sinking.
4. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, beat the eggs together and add a little at a time continuing to beat, fold in the yoghurt, lemon zest, vanilla essence, apple cubes, ¾ of the blueberries, flour and baking powder.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Sprinkle over the crumble topping and sprinkle over the remaining blueberries, pushing down a little.
6. Bake for 1 – 1¼hrs until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool a little in the tin then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
8. Mix together the yoghurt, lemon zest and blueberries and serve with generous slices of the cake.
What do you think of this BerryWorld Blueberry and Apple Crumble Cake Served with BerryWorld Blueberry, Lemon and Yoghurt Topping recipe?
Do you fancy trying it?
Recipe courtesy of BerryWorld.
You Might Also Like: