Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld
Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds. Hello friends, so how are you today? Fancy making some BerryWorld Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds?
Hello again. Love blueberries? If so, are you looking for some yummy cakes to make over the weekend?
Something with an almond taste and bursting with blueberries? Almond cakes studded with blueberries topped with flaked almonds, anyone? A perfect weekend treat or something great to pack on a picnic.
How To Make BerryWorld Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds:
Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds. Indulge in the irresistible combination of tender blueberry friands topped with a delightful sprinkle of flaked almonds. This easy-to-make dessert showcases the natural sweetness of blueberries and the added crunch of toasted almonds. Treat yourself to a delectable treat that’s perfect for any occasion.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes 12 friands
- 140g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 35g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 125g icing sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 36 blueberries
- 6 tbsp flaked almonds
Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds:
What To Do:
- Lightly grease a 12-hole non-stick muffin pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan).
- Heat the butter in a small pan on a medium/high heat until the butter foams and the milk solids turn a golden brown. Immediately remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, ground almonds and sugar. Add the egg whites and almond extract and mix together until smooth. Pour in the butter and mix together until smooth and fully combined. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for an hour before baking.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin pan and top with three blueberries per friand and scatter the flaked almonds around the edges. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and a little paler in the middle.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Kept in a sealed container these little cakes will keep for up to three days.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld.
So what do you think of this BerryWorld Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds recipe? Do you also fancy trying some?
Great for making to take on a picnic!! (National Picnic Week takes place 15-24th June across the UK). Join the conversation and share your thoughts below.
You might also like these posts using yummy blueberries:
Pink Melon With Marinated BerryWorld Blueberries:
Firstly, Pink Melon With Marinated BerryWorld Blueberries. Discover the perfect summer treat with this easy-to-follow recipe for Pink Melon with Marinated BerryWorld Blueberries. This step-by-step guide will show you how to create a refreshing and visually stunning dessert.
Juicy pink melon slices are enhanced with a tangy marinade of fresh and plump BerryWorld blueberries, infusing them with a burst of natural sweetness. The vibrant colours and delightful combination of flavours will make this dessert a hit at any gathering or a delightful indulgence for yourself.
Step up your summer dining experience with this simple yet impressive recipe that celebrates the best of seasonal fruits. Pink Melon With Marinated BerryWorld Blueberries. So good.
Lacto-fermented Sunny Bircher Muesli With Yogurt And Blueberries:
Secondly, Lacto-fermented Sunny Bircher Muesli With Yogurt And Blueberries. Something nice and healthy? Full of fruit? Then how about trying this Lacto-fermented Sunny Bircher muesli with yogurt and blueberries recipe? Lacto-fermented Sunny Bircher Muesli With Yogurt And Blueberries. So tasty.
Thirdly, White Chocolate Blondie’s With Blueberries And Macadamia Nuts. The blondie batter is also made with melted white chocolate for a really good taste, chunks of chocolate and nuts are mixed in for texture and fresh blueberries scattered on top act as a contrast to the sweet white chocolate. White Chocolate Blondie’s With Blueberries And Macadamia Nuts. So good.
Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook
Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates. So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.