Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld
BerryWorld Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds. (National Picnic Week takes place 15-24th June 2018 across the UK).
Are you looking for some yummy cakes to make over the weekend?
Something with an almond taste and bursting with blueberries?
Almond cakes studded with blueberries topped with flaked almonds, anyone?
A perfect weekend treat or something great to pack on a picnic.
How To Make BerryWorld Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes 12 friands
- 140g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 35g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 125g icing sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 36 blueberries
- 6 tbsp flaked almonds
What To Do:
- Lightly grease a 12-hole non-stick muffin pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan).
- Heat the butter in a small pan on a medium/high heat until the butter foams and the milk solids turn a golden brown. Immediately remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, ground almonds and sugar. Add the egg whites and almond extract and mix together until smooth. Pour in the butter and mix together until smooth and fully combined. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for an hour before baking.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin pan and top with three blueberries per friand and scatter the flaked almonds around the edges. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and a little paler in the middle.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Kept in a sealed container these little cakes will keep for up to three days.
*Recipe and photograph courtesy of BerryWorld*
What do you think of this BerryWorld Blueberry Friands Topped With Flaked Almonds recipe?
Fancy trying some?
National Picnic Week takes place 15-24th June 2018 across the UK. Join the conversation and share your thoughts below.
You might also like these posts using yummy blueberries:
- Bake An Apple Pie: 31 Days Of October
- The Queen: Blue Mondays & London Street Art
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- 10 Yummy Cakes To Try Out And Impress Your Friends
- 10 Tips To Create A Beautiful Tablescape For All Occasions
- Yummy Cocktails Recipe Creations And Some To Try
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review
- Easter Biscuits Sharing Ideas: Easter Special
- A Poppy Swing Dress That Never Goes Out Of Style