Chocolate Rudolph Cake: A Fun Cake For Christmas Day.
Hello friends. Christmas day is not to far away and today I have a sweet Chocolate Rudolph Cake recipe to share from Stork.
How much fun is this reindeer cake topper?
Chocolate Rudolph Cake: A Fun Cake For Christmas Day:
You Will Need:
225g Stork with butter
225g caster sugar
4 medium eggs
40g cocoa powder dissolved in
4-5 tablespoons hot water
225g self-raising flour, sieved
175g Stork with butter
325g icing sugar
25g cocoa powder
1 dessertspoon (10ml) milk
150g dark chocolate chips
1 x red bauble
White ready to roll icing
This Is How It’s Made:
Place Stork with butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time and then beat in the cocoa mix.
Fold in the flour and place in two deep, greased and bottom-lined 18cm (7 inch) cake tins.
Bake in oven 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4 middle shelf, for 45-55 minutes.
Transfer from the tins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Roll out a little white ready to roll icing and cut out 2 circles for the eyes, set to one side.
Reserve 8 chocolate chips for the face decoration and gently melt the remaining.
Use a little of the melted chocolate to create pupils in the centres of the eyes and allow to set.
Lay a sheet of baking paper over the antler template.
Spread the remaining melted chocolate thickly with a palette knife to form the antlers and place in the fridge to set.
To make the frosting beat together the Stork with butter, milk, icing sugar and cocoa powder until evenly combined.
To assemble trim the domed tops from the cakes if necessary and sandwich together with a layer of chocolate frosting.
Coat the sides and top with the remaining frosting using a palette knife.
Place the red bauble in position for the reindeer’s nose, and press the eyes lightly onto the frosting.
Add the reserved chocolate chips to the sides of the reindeers face.
Lastly take the antlers from the fridge, use a sharp knife to cut 2 slots into the top of the cake and gently set the antlers into position in the slots on the top of the cake.
What do you think about this fun reindeer Christmas cake?
About This Post:
This recipe was provided by Stork. No Payment was received.
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up