I love all cakes and especially cheesecake. Today I am sharing an elderflower and lime cheesecake recipe with you. This cheesecake recipe is one of the many things on my list to make over the weekend. yum yum!!
Sometimes I like to make a nice big cheesecake to share with the family and sometimes I like to make them in individual glasses.
Cheesecakes are great for parties or just a nice weekend treat. Sometimes I like to top mine with fresh berries or fruit depending what I have in at the time.
Elderflower And Lime Cheesecake anyone?
How To Make A Elderflower And Lime Cheesecake:
- 225g large pack Digestives
- 100g/4oz unsalted butter
- 50g/2oz sugar
- 400g full fat cream cheese ( each tube has 200g)
- 150ml double cream
- Icing sugar, to taste
- 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2tbs Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
- Lime zest to decorate
- Place the digestive biscuits in a large plastic bag.
- Hold one end of the bag and using a rolling pin, crush until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Reserve a couple of spoonfuls of biscuit crumbs to decorate.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the crushed biscuits and sugar until they are fully combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture firmly into an 20cm/8” round tin with a lift up base and place in the fridge to set.
- Wash the lemon and grate the skin using a fine grater or use a lemon zester.
- Place this zest together with the cream cheese, icing sugar and lime juice in a food processor and mix well.
- Then slowly add the cream and elderflower cordial until it is a smooth thick paste.
- Spread this mixture on the biscuit base and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight if liked.
- Place the cheesecake on top of a tall glass and firmly press down on the sides of the tin which will slide down the cheesecake.
- Slip off the base onto the plate.
- Decorate with the reserved crumbs and lime zest.
About this post – Recipe and photo credit by Belvoir Fruit Farms
Do you like cheesecake too?
Let me know if you get to try this one 🙂