Fruity Cocktail Trifles: Family Favourite Recipe.
Fruity Cocktail Trifles anyone?
My Husband and I love trifles and I would say…
These are the best I’ve made so far!!
Fruity Cocktail Trifles: Family Favourite Recipe
1 pack strawberry Jelly ( that make 1 pint of jelly)
8 Trifle sponge fingers
4 Clementine juiced
411g Tin of Fruit Cocktail
1 Pint of home made custard (made up)
4 Clementines pealed and separated
250 ml Double cream
4 Chocolates chunks
1.) Make up jelly by putting broken jelly pieces into a jug and adding half a pint of boiling water, stir until all jelly has melted.
2.) Squeeze 4 clementines, sieve the juice and stir into the jelly, make up to 1 pint of liquid with water leave for a while to cool.
3.) Place the fruit cocktail into a sieve and drain all juice from the fruit (if not the jelly will not set properly) pick out 4 cherries and set aside for the top.
4.) Break a trifle sponge for each into 4 and place at the bottom of the tall glass, divide the fruit cocktail into all 4 glasses then repeat with the 2nd trifle sponge.
5.) Now the jelly should have cooled tip over the fruit and sponges evenly into 4 glasses.
6.) Place in a refrigerator until completely set.
7.) Make up 1 pint of custard according to custard packet and set aside to cool and set.
8.) Once everything is completely set add the custard to the 4 glasses.
9.) Peel the Clementine’s removing any pips and place one on top of each trifle around the outside of the custard.
Place the cream in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.
Spoon onto the clementine’s.
Grate the chocolates with a fine nutmeg grater and sprinkle onto each placing the saved cherries in the middle.
Linking this post to- Creative Mondays. Maybe we will see you there?
- Dark Red Jumper Dress To Match My Flowers
- Showtime Now bring On The Cabaret, My Friends
- Spooky Photoshoot In The Woods
- Happy Balloons Around The World Day
- Bake Halloween Cookies: 31 Days Of October
- Autumn Layering Fashion Ideas: 31 Days Of
- Bake An Apple Pie: 31 Days Of October
- Red And Black Polka Dot Shirt From The Charity Shop
- Last Days Of The Warm Sunshine And Summer Dresses
- Flowered Jumpsuit And Polka Dot Trainer
- Selfie Saturday With The Owl Trail In Nottingham
- Can Not Resist A Bargain & My Biggest Bargain Ever
- Pink Animal Print Dress & A Black Polo Neck Jumper
- Two Heads Are Better Than One By Ryan Mosley
- A Walk In The Peak District: Winnats Pass