Fruity Cocktail Trifles: Family Favourite Recipe.
Fruity Cocktail Trifles anyone?
My Husband and I love trifles and I would say…
These are the best I’ve made so far!!
Fruity Cocktail Trifles: Family Favourite Recipe
1 pack strawberry Jelly ( that make 1 pint of jelly)
8 Trifle sponge fingers
4 Clementine juiced
411g Tin of Fruit Cocktail
1 Pint of home made custard (made up)
4 Clementines pealed and separated
250 ml Double cream
4 Chocolates chunks
1.) Make up jelly by putting broken jelly pieces into a jug and adding half a pint of boiling water, stir until all jelly has melted.
2.) Squeeze 4 clementines, sieve the juice and stir into the jelly, make up to 1 pint of liquid with water leave for a while to cool.
3.) Place the fruit cocktail into a sieve and drain all juice from the fruit (if not the jelly will not set properly) pick out 4 cherries and set aside for the top.
4.) Break a trifle sponge for each into 4 and place at the bottom of the tall glass, divide the fruit cocktail into all 4 glasses then repeat with the 2nd trifle sponge.
5.) Now the jelly should have cooled tip over the fruit and sponges evenly into 4 glasses.
6.) Place in a refrigerator until completely set.
7.) Make up 1 pint of custard according to custard packet and set aside to cool and set.
8.) Once everything is completely set add the custard to the 4 glasses.
9.) Peel the Clementine’s removing any pips and place one on top of each trifle around the outside of the custard.
Place the cream in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.
Spoon onto the clementine’s.
Grate the chocolates with a fine nutmeg grater and sprinkle onto each placing the saved cherries in the middle.
Linking this post to- Creative Mondays. Maybe we will see you there?
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style