Recipe and images courtesy of Primula.
How To Make “Dutch Baby” with Cheese, Bacon And Kale.
A Dutch baby is somewhere in between a Yorkshire pudding and a pancake.
Filled with yummy Primula Cheese, delicious bacon and crunchy kale you know this dish is going to be super tasty!
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or tea.
Fancy making one?
How To Make “Dutch Baby” with Cheese, Bacon And Kale:
What You’ll Need:
40g plain flour
120ml full fat milk
2 large eggs
Pinch of salt
Pinch of grated nutmeg
4 tbsp. butter
6 slices of bacon
2 handfuls of curly kale, stems removed
1 tsp. olive oil
Salt & pepper
100g Primula Original Cheese Tube
1.) Preheat oven to 220˚C/425˚F /Gas Mark7.
2.) Place bacon on an oven tray and grill until crispy.
3.) Set bacon aside and allow to cool.
4.) In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the milk.
5.) Whisk in flour, salt & nutmeg until just combined. The mixture should be a little bit lumpy.
6.) Melt butter in a heavy, oven-proof frying pan (a cast iron skillet is ideal), either in the oven or on a hob.
7.) When butter has melted, pour in batter and place in the oven.
8.) Bake until pancake is golden brown, approximately 15-20 minutes.
Whilst The Pancake Is Baking:
1.) Fry kale in olive oil over a high heat, until edges start to crisp. Season well with salt & pepper.
2.) Break the bacon into shards, and fill pancake with kale and bacon.
3.) Finish with generous dollops of Primula cheese.
How To Make “Dutch Baby” with Cheese, Bacon And Kale. Recipe and images courtesy of Primula.
What do you think of this How To Make “Dutch Baby” with Cheese, Bacon & Kale recipe?
Fancy trying out this recipe for breakfast, brunch or lunch?
For those who don’t already know, as part of the Kavli Trust, Primula profits go to charities in the UK and abroad.
So every time you pick up a tube of Primula, you’re helping a good cause too!
You Might Also Like:
- Polka Dot Suit On The Bears Of Sheffield
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post