How To Make Pink Lady’s Favourite Chicken Salad with Butternut Bites.
Looking for a nice and healthy lunch idea? Today I have this delicious salad recipe to share with you.
A tasty salad with a mixture of butternut squash, whole hazelnuts, spinach, watercress, rocket, South African Pink Lady apple and roast chicken. A perfect Spring lunch.
This main-course salad ticks all the boxes for a healthy meal – and it tastes SO good!
How To Make Pink Lady’s Favourite Chicken Salad with Butternut Bites:
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
You Will Need:
- 300g prepared butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of cumin seeds or chilli flakes (optional)
- 30g whole hazelnuts
- 80g bag spinach, watercress and rocket salad
- 1 South African Pink Lady apple
- 250g roast chicken, torn into pieces
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Put the butternut squash into a roasting tin, add the olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes. Turn the butternut squash chunks over, sprinkle with the cumin seeds or chilli flakes (if using) and add the hazelnuts. Roast for 3-4 more minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and sugar. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. When the butternut squash is almost cooked, share the salad leaves between 2 serving plates. Core and slice the apple and arrange on the salads with the roast chicken. Scatter the hot butternut squash and hazelnuts on top.
4. Serve at once, drizzled with the dressing. Cook’s tip: You could use sweet potato instead of butternut squash.
Recipe and image courtesy of Beautiful Country Beautiful Fruit
Fancy making this Pink Lady’s Favourite Chicken Salad with Butternut Bites recipe?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make it 🙂
You Might Also Like: