45+ Lifestyle Blogger From Nottingham

10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas To Try Out

10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas. (Updated post. First published here 10th April 2016).

Hello friends. Do you like to recycle, upcycle and reuse old glass jars? {#RecycleWeek 24/09/2018}.

I love to upcycle glass jars and Hartley’s Jam has kindly let me share some of their recycled jar ideas today, alongside some of my own ideas.

How cool can you make an old jam jar look with add flowers and planting bulbs into them?

Here Are 10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas:

10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas

What a beautiful idea?

Using old Hartley jam bottles: Simply wash out old jars and soak the jar in warm water to remove the outer label. Then let your imagination run wild.

10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas:

1.) Adding Cut Flowers And Fruit Into Your Jars:

Try slicing citrus fruit up and placed in the bottom of your old washed out jars, add some water to display, then add your favourite sweet little flowers.

How pretty is this idea?

You can mix and match the colours of the fruit to go with your theme or flowers.

10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas

2.) Growing Flowers, Bulbs Or Herbs:

Why not grow your own bulbs, flowers and herbs in them.

Wah out the jars well, remove labels, fill with soil and them add seeds to your favourite flowers bulbs or herbs.

10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas

3.) Growing Flowers:

How about growing some flowers from scratch?

Or poping some pre-started to grow flowers inside.

How sweet do these flowers look?

4.) Bits And Bob Holders:

How about cleaning some old jars out to fill bathroom bits and bobs into them?

Cotton wool, cotton bud, cotton balls in the bathroom.

Or maybe sweets, nuts, fruit or small biscuits?

Fun idea to keep all pencils, crayons, rubbers, paperclips etc in.

5.) Candles:

Use as a candle or tea light holder. Or maybe floating candles?

6.) Homemade Jams, Marmalades And Chutneys:

Old jam jars are perfect for making homemade jam, marmalade and chutney in.

You can find a great range of jam and marmalade recipes here: Homemade Jam RecipesHomemade Marmalade Recipes.

7.) Keeping Sewing Bits Together:

I can never find my sewing needle and cotton!

perfect for storing buttons, cotton, pins, needles and cotton inside for sewing.

8.) Creating Something Beautiful:

Try painting them, creating pretty patterns on them like butterflies?

Glue pretty lace and ribbons on them.

Sparkles and glitter always look great.

9.) Popping Battery Little Lights Into Them:

Using them as mini lights. These look beautiful and perfect for dark evenings.

10.) Cutlery:

Why not pop your cutlery inside them?

One set for each table setting?

10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas

Remember these ideas for National Gardening Week (next week 11th-17th April).

10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas. What a great idea to try out!?

You can make your own little garden on a windowsill full of jars.

What do you think of these Upcycled Jam Jars ideas?

Fancy making any of these ideas?

For all my upcycle ideas you can find them here: Upcycled.

What else would you pop into old jars?

Photographs courtesy of Hartley’s Jam

Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:

48 responses to “10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas To Try Out”

1. Suza says:

so lovely.Happy weekend to you!susa

2. Suzy says:

Oh how cute and Springy….love the fruit in the jar, gonna try this in the Summer!

3. Sam @ Living The Dutch Dream says:

Super Cute! I love the orange, lime and lemon vases.

4. Julia Nyanyo says:

The vases with the fruit look so good, what a lovely idea.

5. thepaintedapron.com says:

Love the colored water with citrus, great idea!Jenna

6. Margarett Murphy says:

How beautiful. Love the top idea!

7. Melanie says:

I've been looking for some new ways to display things and this is perfect!! I love the fruit pic w/ the roses! It must have smelled beautiful =PMelanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

8. Create With Joy says:

Dear Claire, I love both of the features you shared with us at Inspire Me Monday this week – as a matter of fact, they both made my preliminary "pick" list – but I ended up choosing this one since the jars and flowers were so lovely and so easy to do!Congrats for being one of our Featured Guests at this week's Inspire Me Monday Party (Week #223, goes live on Sunday)- have an amazing weekend! 🙂

9. Jessica Pelasky says:

Oh my gosh…these are just too cute!I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips and tricks. Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

10. Molly Wagner says:

Love love love this! How pretty these would be on an outdoor patio set during a cookout. Great idea, just pinned 🙂

11. mummabstylish says:

So pretty and great ideas Claire, Jacqui Mummabstylish

12. Kim Carberry says:

What great ideas. I love the one’s with Cut Flowers And Fruit in. They look so pretty x

13. What great ideas!! I use them for cut flowers but not for bulbs – I will do now! xx Maria

14. Carol says:

They’re all great ideas but I loved the first photo best with the fruit in the jars of flowers. #MMBC

15. I’m so pinning this and collecting jam jars… Love the ideas especially the first. Beautiful post.

16. Claire Rocks says:

i absolutely adore little projects like this. Im glad i found your post as I have a stack of jam jars sat doing nothing! thanks for the inspiration

17. Pinkiebag says:

Hi, we reuse jar sheen we can love the idea of fruit and flowers I shall give it a try #mixitup

18. What a great idea with the citrus slices in the jam jars and add flowers. I am keeping some jar for sure!

19. Oh I love it! Pinning this for the future!! =)

20. Catie says:

Love the idea of using fruit slices. #mixitup

21. Loni says:

Clearly I’m eating the wrong kind of jam, I love these jars and the way you’ve used them!

22. Jiya says:

Wow some amazing upcucle ideas you have shared we have made candle from such jar and lamp too.

23. Jodie Fitz says:

These are great ideas. Super cute upcycle activities. Would LOVE to have you share at Reader Tip Tuesday. We’re open and growing all week long. Hope to see you there. xo