Halloween Carrot Muffins: Great For Halloween Night.
Hello friends. Fancy making some Halloween Carrot Muffins?
You Will Need:
200g/7oz soft light brown sugar
200ml/7floz sunflower oil
2 medium eggs
200g/7oz plain flour
2.5ml/1/2 tsp baking powder
2.5ml/1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
5ml/1 tsp ground cinnamon
200g/7oz carrots, peeled and grated
50g/2oz walnut pieces, chopped
5ml/1 tsp vanilla essence
For The Icing:
225g/ icing sugar, sifted
25g/1oz unsalted butter
75g/3oz chilled full fat cream cheese
food colouring and writing icing
1.) Preheat the oven to 170C/Fan 150C/325F/Gas Mark 3. Line a deep 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2.) Place the sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl, then beat together with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and thickened.
3.) Sift over the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon then fold in until well mixed.
4.) Fold in the carrots, walnuts and vanilla essence.
5.) Divide the mixture between the paper cake cases and bake in the middle of the oven for 25mins or until golden, risen and the middle bounces back when lightly pressed.
6.) Leave to cool in the tin for 5mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For The Icing :
1.) Use an electric whisk to beat the icing sugar and butter together in a large bowl until fluffy.
2.) Add the cream cheese and briefly beat together again until just combined.
3.) Don’t overbeat or it will become runny.
4.) Spread the icing over the muffins, then let the kids go mad icing the cakes with spooky characters.
Un-iced these muffins freeze well.
Once cool pack them into a freezer proof container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw at room temperature for about 1 hour, then ice as instructed.
Recipe and photo credits – British Carrots website.
- When Life Gives You Monday, Dip It In Glitter
- Light Brown Teddy Coat: Back In Fashion Again
- Lady & The Tramp Shirt With Jeans And Street Art
- Dark Red Jumper Dress To Match My Flowers
- Showtime Now bring On The Cabaret, My Friends
- Spooky Photoshoot In The Woods
- Happy Balloons Around The World Day
- Bake Halloween Cookies: 31 Days Of October
- Autumn Layering Fashion Ideas: 31 Days Of
- Bake An Apple Pie: 31 Days Of October
- Red And Black Polka Dot Shirt From The Charity Shop
- Last Days Of The Warm Sunshine And Summer Dresses
- Flowered Jumpsuit And Polka Dot Trainer
- Selfie Saturday With The Owl Trail In Nottingham
- Can Not Resist A Bargain & My Biggest Bargain Ever