Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot.
Indian Turkey Curry With Shallots. Hello friends. Do you fancy making a curry with any leftover Turkey? Of course, oh so tasty too.
So this fiery curry is softened by the sweetness of the shallots and the coconut milk.
Also good to know, Shallots do not need to be cooked thoroughly like onions and lend themselves extremely well to Indian spices.
How To Make Indian Turkey Curry With Shallots:
Preparation time: 25 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 3 green finger chillies, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 shallots, topped, tailed and cut in half
- 4 tbsp sunflower or groundnut oil
- 6-10 curry leaves
- 2-4 cloves
- 500g cooked turkey, cut into 4cm pieces
- 200ml coconut milk
- Plain basmati rice, to serve
What To Do:
- Firstly, in a blender or with a pestle and mortar, blitz the chillies, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, salt and two shallots with 1 tbsp of the oil and 2 tbsp cold water to make a coarse to medium paste.
- In a bowl combine the turkey and the spice paste so all the chicken pieces are coated.
- Heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based pan. Add the curry leaves and cloves and fry for a minute. Then add the turkey and fry for 5 minutes until the spices become fragrant (leave the remaining paste in the bowl for later).
- Tip in the remaining shallots and continue frying for 10 minutes until they are lightly brown on the outside. Pour 100ml cold water and the coconut milk in the bowl with the remaining spice paste and combine.
- Last but not least, pour over the turkey and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot with plain basmati rice.
Indian Turkey Curry With Shallots: Fiery Curry Recipe:
So what do you think of this Indian Turkey Curry With Shallots recipe? Do you also fancy making some? Updated Post. First published here 3rd November 2018. Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot.
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, How To Make Honey And Soy Glazed Roasted Shallots And Sausages. Are you looking for a new recipe to try? How To Make Honey And Soy Glazed Roasted Shallots And Sausages.
Secondly, Mackerel With Herby Tomato And Shallots Salsa On Toast, Anyone? If there was one thing weekends were made for, it’s brunch. Mackerel With Herby Tomato And Shallots Salsa On Toast.
Thirdly, Marinated Oven Baked Chicken With Roasted Shallots And Peppers. Easy to make and perfect for a romantic supper. Also delicious served with couscous mixed with finely chopped fresh coriander, mint and chopped dried apricots. Marinated Oven Baked Chicken With Roasted Shallots And Peppers.
Fourthly, How To Make Shallot, Cherry Tomato And Mascarpone Pizza. Looking for a new and tasty recipe to try out? How To Make Shallot, Cherry Tomato and Mascarpone Pizza.
Last But Not Least Chickpea, Roast Shallots And Fete Salad. So do you fancy trying this Chickpea, Roast Shallots And Fete Salad? How To Make An Chickpea, Roast Shallots & Fete Salad.
Also follow along on Pinterest.
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.