Mackerel With Herby Tomato And Shallots Salsa On Toast.
Mackerel With Herby Tomato And Shallots Salsa On Toast anyone?
If there was one thing weekends were made for, it’s brunch.
This relaxed meal can be as early or late as you want it, meaning you get a lie in and the chance to indulge.
Enjoy a lazy morning with this indulgent brunch recipe.
How To Make Mackerel With Herby Tomato And Shallots Salsa On Toast:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 6 shallots, peeled and sliced finely
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- 8 smoked mackerel fillets
- 8 slices of sour dough bread
What To Do:
- To make the dressing, combine half of the sliced shallots with the capers, oil, vinegar, lemon juice and set aside.
- For the salsa, mix together the tomatoes, the remaining shallots, the parsley and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Heat the grill and cook the mackerel fillets skin side first till cooked through. While the fish is cooking, toast the bread.
- To construct the dish, pile a spoonful of the salsa onto each slice of toast. Cut each mackerel fillet in half and pile the two halves on top of the salsa then drizzle with the dressing.
Recipe and image courtesy of UK Shallot
What do you think of this Mackerel with Herby Tomato and Shallots Salsa on Toast recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
How To Make Honey And Soy Glazed Roasted Shallots And Sausages:
I also have a Honey and Soy Glazed Roasted Shallots and Sausages recipe to share with you from UK Shallot. How tasty!?
Sweet, savoury, sticky and totally irresistible, this quick to make supper dish is a great mid-week staple.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie How To Make
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- Parfait Day: Layer Up Your Fruit, Cream And Nuts
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats A Tasty Breakfast Treat
- California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle
- Breakfast Compote Lollies To Try Out This Spring Morning
- 2 Mothering Sunday Breakfast Ideas To Try Out
- How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes
- 11 Recipes For World Porridge Day: Eat Like A King