This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars.
How To Make Apple Pie Jam.
Apple Pie Jam anyone?
This delicious jam is fragrant with the aroma of apple pie spices. You can make it all year round, as it doesn’t rely on seasonal fruit. It tastes fantastic on toast, crumpets, scones and pancakes. Try a spoonful on your porridge too!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 x 450g jars
How To Make Apple Pie Jam:
- 1kg Cox’s apples, cored and chopped
- 25g fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 300ml water Juice of 1 lemon
- 800g Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1tsp ground nutmeg (freshly grated, if possible)
- 80g sultanas
How To Make Apple Pie Jam:
1. Put the chopped apples, ginger, water and lemon juice into a large saucepan and bring up to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until the apples are soft.
2. Tip in the Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar and stir it in with a wooden spoon. Add the cinnamon stick, nutmeg and sultanas. Gently boil over a medium heat for 20-30 minutes, until setting point is reached. To check, remove the saucepan from the heat, spoon a little onto a cold plate and leave for 2 minutes – it should wrinkle softly when your finger is pushed over the surface. If this point has not been reached, return the saucepan to the heat and continue to boil for another 2-3 minutes. Test as before. (You may need to test several times, though be patient, as this testing is crucial to achieving the correct consistency).
3. Turn off the heat and allow the jam to settle for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, sterilize 4 x 450g clean jam jars by placing them in a low oven at 150°C, fan 130°C, Gas Mark 2 for 10 minutes. Stir the jam, remove the cinnamon stick, then pour it into the hot sterilized jars. Seal with the lids. Leave to cool, then label. Store in a cool place for up to 1 year. Cook’s tip: Cox’s apples are perfect in this recipe, though you could try Gala or Pink Lady instead.
How To Make Apple Pie Jam Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
You might also like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Avocado, Rocket, Tomato And Walnut Toast
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats: Breakfast Treat
- Spinach, Ham And California Walnut Sunshine Cloud Eggs
- California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle
- Brunch Muffins With Poached Eggs, Asparagus Tips And Smoked Bacon
- Martha Collison’s Chocolate Brownie Pancakes
- British Asparagus Tortilla: A Twist On A Spanish Dish
- How To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Full English Vegan Fry Up: Love Your Gut