Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake.
If you’re wondering how to make a vegan cake, we have the perfect recipe. Ready in under an hour, this moist, fluffy vegan frosted lemon cake recipe makes a great vegan treat, particularly good with a cup of tea. Why is this the best vegan cake recipe?
1. It’s ready in under an hour.
2. Rich and moist with a light fluffy texture.
3. You can easily substitute any flavour, such as vegan chocolate, orange or raspberry
4. No special ingredients needed.
5. Many of you have made it and given it 4/5 stars – it must be good!
* Milk Free
How To Make A Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake:
* Preparation time:15 minutes
* Cooking time:40 minutes
* Total time:55 minutes
- 75ml sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 250ml Alpro Soya Original
- Juice and grated zest 1 lemon
- 50g Dairy Free Sunflower spread
- 50g icing sugar
Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Grease a 12.5cm x 23cm (900g) loaf tin with a little oil and line the base with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
3. Whisk the oil, Alpro Soya, lemon juice and half the lemon zest together, then fold the mixture into the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out onto a wire rack, remove the paper and leave to cool completely.
4. To make the frosting, beat the spread and icing sugar together until smooth. Reserve a pinch of lemon zest, then fold the remainder into the frosting and spread over the top of the cake. Finish with a sprinkling of lemon zest on top and serve.
What do you think of this Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake?
Do you fancy making one?
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.
You Might Also Like These Vegan Recipes.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook