Happy Monday everyone.Creative Mondays is my favourite blog hop of the week as I get to see all your amazing creative ideas. Link up, have fun blog hopping and please be kind enough to link back to the hop in your post. Also leave a comment if you like the blog hop. Link up and have fun hoping around 🙂
Over the weekend I have been baking with some of Aldi’s Specialbuys products that have been on sale this weekend. Today I made a yummy raspberry cake! I made my cake using this Christmas Cake recipe, substituting the ingredient I did not have in.
Some of the things I got to try out from Aldi:
I got sent a flute ring mould, set of wooden spoons and an icing set. These will come in handy over the next few months.
What better excuse then? Cake time!
I loved making my cake in this mould. It was fun to use and the cake came out of the tin very professionally. (unlike my normal efforts.) It also was easy to wash after using it. I now cannot wait to try some more cake recipes.
The Self-Standing Utensils are sweet. It looks neat and I had fun using all the different style wooden spoons on it!
I was going to ice my cake, but using frozen fruit the cake did not rise as much as I would have liked. Damn there is always something!! It still tasted great though. Especially with custard! I will use the icing kit to practice my Christmas cakes over the coming weeks.
Onto my cake:
About this post: I got sent some of Aldi’s speciaalbuys to try out. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own.
Now on to the party:
To join in the fun~
- Link up your creative, recipe, crafty, outfit or anything creative posts on the blog hop below.
- Visit a few blogs on the list to make the hop fun for everyone.
- Please try to include the Creative Monday button or a text link back to my blog in the post you are linking up.
- Be great if you would like to follow? let me know if you do, so I can stop by and follow back.
- Don’t forget to tweet me your links so I can re-tweet them.