Chicken Stew With Leeks And Chantenay – Turn a dreary day into a special occasion with a bowl of warm, hearty stew, always a welcome sight on a cold day.
When the weather gets cooler, and the urge for comfort food hits, chase away the autumn chill with these sensational autumn dishes. Cosy up in the kitchen and make the most of seasonal flavours that everyone will love. You can find some more Autumny recipes here: Butternut Pilaf With Almonds And Greek Yogurt and Slow Cooker Pork, Shallot, Red Pepper Goulash.
How To Make Chicken Stew With Leeks And Chantenay:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: approx 1 hour 30 minutes
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks, timed and sliced into chunks
- 250g Chantenay, whole & unpeeled
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs (i.e herb de Provence)
- 600ml chicken stock
What To Do:
- On a large plate roll the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour, making sure they are well coated all over.
- Heat the olive oil in a large flameproof casserole or large saucepan with a lid. Fry the chicken pieces a few at a time until they are golden brown all over, transferring to a plate whilst you cook the remaining pieces.
- When the chicken has all been fried, turn the heat down and add the leeks and Chantenay. Fry for a couple of minutes, then return the chicken to the pan, along with the herbs and garlic.
- Add the stock, bring up to the boil then cover with the lid. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for around and hour and a half, or until the chicken is just starting to fall off the bone. If the sauce is a little thin remove the lid for the final 30 minutes of cooking to allow it to thicken slightly.
- Serve with crusty bread, mashed potato or couscous.
What do you think of this Chicken Stew With Leeks And Chantenay recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Recipe and image courtesy of Chantenay.
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- Rudolph’s Cranberry Mocktail: How Amazing!?
- Visit To The Pumpkin Farm And Some Recipes To Try
- Green Flowered H&M Dress: Wollaton Hall In Nottingham
- Chantenay Toad In The Hole: Classic Comfort Food
- Roasted Beetroot Soup With Feta Yogurt Dressing- Recipe
- 4 Pumpkin Inspired Dinner Date Recipes To Try Out
- 17 Tasty Pumpkin Recipes For You To Try This October
- 10 Spooktacular Halloween Themed Birthday Party Ideas
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season