Things I Love About The Festive Season – The Christmas Tag.
Over the weekend I was tagged by the lovely Zena from Zena’s Suitcase to take part in The Christmas Tag. How exciting as I love this time of year. The idea of the post is to write down the Things I Love About The Festive Season. Easy eh!?
I absolutely love Christmas, always have, always will. 🎅🎄 It is such a magical time of year for us.
Things I Love About The Festive Season – The Christmas Tag
Zena asked me a few questions and here they are and my answers:
Things I Love About The Festive Season:
What’s Your Favourite Christmas Movie?
I love Christmas films, so far over the weekend/start of the week we have watched; Home Alone 1, Home Alone 2 Santa Who and Four Christmases.
My favourite Christmas movie is a hard one to call.
Why? because I love them all!!
If I had to choose just one, I am not sure I could!! It would be between The Muppets Christmas Carol and The Elf. Equally amazing film.
Both are sentimental to me.
The Muppets Christmas carol is one we watched every year all the way through December when all our 4 children when were babies. Year after year. The Elf is one we watched as a family as they got older.
Love, love, love both these films.
If I have to choose just one, I would pick…
Elf, EEK! There said it out loud.
Have You Ever Had A White Christmas?
Not for as long as I can remember!?
A few years ago it did snow on Boxing Day, which was exciting for the children. We all went out late at night trying to make snowballs from it.
When I was a child, it felt like it was a white Christmas every year. I remember there being snowed in around Christmas.
We use to get heavy snow back in the day. We are lucky to see snow nowadays.
Where Do You Usually Spend Your Holiday?
At home with the family.
I would not have it any other way.
Me cooking Christmas dinner for the 6 of us and making far to much food for Christmas Day tea for us all and my parents.
What Is Your Favourite Christmas Song?
Last Christmas!? Sings “Last Christmas I gave you my heart and the very next day you gave it away” ♮♭ By Wham.
Such an all-time classic song!!
Also, a very close 2nd; Merry Christmas Everyone by Slade.
Do You Open Any Presents On Christmas Eve?
Nooooo. Never. I never knew you could!? Never ever crossed my mind. Christmas morning, the earlier the better!
Can You Name All Of Santa’s Reindeer?
Off the top of my head; Rudolf, Dancer, Prancer, Dasher and Vixen. How many are they!? I think there are 8. My Daughter would be very cross with me not remembering them all!!
What Holiday Traditions Are You Looking Forward To This Year?
Baking with my youngest two on Christmas Eve. Watching the children opening their presents on Christmas Day. Eating lots of yummy food over Christmas!
Is Your Christmas Tree Real or Fake?
Fake. I would love a real one but we do not have much room.
What Is Your Favourite Holiday Treat/Food/Sweet?
Christmas Dinner and all the amazing sides. Pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, mushy peas, Brussels, Yorkshire puddings, mash potatoes, cranberry sauce, Turkey and lots of gravy. Homemade sausage roll, mince pies and homemade Christmas treats.
Be Honest, Do You Like Giving Or Receiving Gifts Better?
Honestly, giving! Having 4 children all the spare money goes to Santa for them! We always love to spend all our money on the children at Christmas. Any presents I receive; I am truly grateful for.
What Is The Best Christmas Present You Ever Received?
Having my family around me. Best present ever! Other than family; Irregular Choice shoes!
What Would Your Dream Place To Visit For The Holiday Season?
I love to be at home Christmas Day, but if I could be anywhere in the world with all my family it would most probably be Disneyland Florida.
Are You A Pro Present Wrapper Or Do You Fail Miserably?
I am this year. Most years I usually have so much to do and leave everything to the last minute, but not this year. Nice pacer. String and bows, tags and posh paper!
Most Memorable Christmas Memory?
Seeing my children’s faces as they opened their presents when they were little = Priceless.
What Made You Realise The Truth About Santa?
Santa? Truth? I love Santa!!! Santa is real in my eyes!!
What Makes The Holidays Special For You?
Family fun. When you are all getting on nicely and having lots of fun. Family arguments. Oh yes, there is bound to be a few arguments over something silly! Family Banta. You know someone is going to take it just a little bit far! Family love. My Sons dropping everything, leaving their home and work to come all those miles back home so we are all together for the holiday season.
Things I Love About The Festive Season:
Here’s Who I’m Tagging To Answer These Questions Next:
Heather: Our Life In A Click
Tamar: Good Random Fun
Debbie: Fashion Fairy Dust
Laurie: Vanity And Me Style
Debbie: Debs Random Writings.
Gail: Is This Mutton
- What’s Your Favourite Christmas Movie?
- Have You Ever Had A White Christmas?
- Where Do You Usually Spend Your Holiday?
- What Is Your Favourite Christmas Song?
- Do You Open Any Presents On Christmas Eve?
- Can You Name All Of Santa’s Reindeer?
- What Holiday Traditions Are You Looking Forward To This Year?
- Is Your Christmas Tree Real or Fake?
- What Is Your Favourite Holiday Treat/Food/Sweet?
- Be Honest, Do You Like Giving Or Receiving Gifts Better?
- What Is The Best Christmas Present You Ever Received?
- What Would Your Dream Place To Visit For The Holiday Season?
- Are You A Pro Present Wrapper Or Do You Fail Miserably?
- Most Memorable Christmas Memory?
- What Made You Realise The Truth About Santa?
- What Makes The Holidays Special For You?
Some posts you might have missed:
- Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos
- Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At
- Christmas Leftover Veg Tart For A Delicious Meal
- Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- 6 Christmas Pea Recipes: The Christmas Pea Recipes
- Cavolo Nero, Cranberry & Prawn Cocktail How To Make
- Goat’s Cheese Brushetta: Great For Christmas Starters
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade