Truvia Mince Pies.
Mince Pies Anyone? Yummy!!
Prep time 35 mins
Bake time 20 mins
Truvia Mince Pies:
For The Pastry:
- 225g Plain flour
- 115g Low-fat butter or margarine, cold
- 1 pinch salt
- 75ml cold water
For The Mincemeat (makes lots to save to):
- 225g Bramley apple, grated
- 225g sultanas
- 225g raisins
- 225g currants
- 65g Truvia
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 60ml Brandy – optional
Truvia Mince Pies Method:
- To make the pastry place the flour, salt and butter in a bowl and rub in using your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the cold water a little at a time, mixing with a knife until it starts to come together.
- Use your hands to bring the pastry together into a ball, then knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile to make the mincemeat, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl then place in sterilised jars until you need it.
- Now preheat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and lightly grease a muffin or tart tin.
- Next roll out the pastry until it is the thickness of a £1 coin, then cut out 8 discs using a 7.5cm round cutter, then cut out 8 star shapes for the lids.
- You could use slightly smaller discs if preferred.
- Place the larger discs into the tin, then spoon in approximately 1 teaspoon of mincement into each base then place the lids on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the pies are golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Recipe and photo credit by Truvia
You Might Also Like:
Homemade Mince Pies.
11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies And Tarts Ideas For Christmas.
Primula Surprise Mince Pies.
Sweet Mince Pies with Greek Yoghurt.