Recipe and image from Laura Tilt for Sportsshoes
How To Make A Healthy Watermelon Cucumber Slushy. Happy Tuesday friends. Fancy making a tasty and healthy Watermelon Cucumber Slushy?
Remember summer trips to the corner shop for a slushy that would turn your tongue bubblegum blue?
Upgrade the original sugar-laden slush using fresh fruit. Super hydrating and rich in vitamins A and C, it’s is an ideal way to refresh and rehydrate after a workout, as the watermelon is about 90 per cent water.
It’s also ridiculously easy to make – all you need is a freezer, a blender and a bit of time.
What You Need:
Ingredients – serves 4
Half a watermelon (seedless is ideal, you want around 4 cups worth)
Half a cucumber, peeled
1 tbsp. honey
A few mint leaves
Juice of a lime
How To Make:
1. Place the watermelon on a large chopping board and cut lengthways so you have two quarters
2. Taking each quarter at a time, make inch thick slices width ways across the melon down to the rind. Then, slice inch thick slices lengthways so you create squares. Now carefully slide the knife between the rind and the flesh to release the cubes. Tip into a plastic food bag or tub and place in your freezer for at least four hours, or overnight
3. Once frozen, tip the frozen watermelon with the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and slushy – you might need to adjust the sweetness with a little extra honey
4. Pour into glasses and enjoy – spoon optional.
Nutrition information: Kcal 47, Protein 2g, Carbs 18g, Fat 0g, Fibre 1g
What do you think of this Watermelon Cucumber Slushy recipe?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
- Cocoa And Vanilla Smoothie: Breakfast Cereal In A Glass
- Provamel Lime And Lemon Balm Yogurt Smoothie
- Raspberry Smoothie: Janathon Day 3 Running
- Vitamin C Smoothie To Start Your Day
- Desire Mini Chopper Review From Russell Hobbs
- Blueberry Smoothie: Start Your Day With A Yummy
- Fruit Smoothie..
- Festival Blitz Smoothie: Perfect For Festival-goers
- Spinach And Banana Smoothie: Creative Mondays Blog Hop
- BerryWorld Blueberry Buzz Smoothie…
- BerryWorld Strawberry Smoothie…
- Spinach Smoothie..
- Beetroot, Pomegranate And Orange Smoothie…
- Kale And Fruit Smoothie..
- Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie..