Want to make this yummy Moroccan Granola recipe by Lisa Roukin?
This homemade granola allows you to control the amount of sugar on your morning cereal. The freshly roasted nuts add flavour to a higher level, too!
Recipe and image courtesy of Lisa Roukin My Relationship With Food Cookbook.
How To Make Lisa Roukin’s Moroccan Granola:
- 400g gluten-free oats, sifted
- 100g pistachios, chopped
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 whole orange, rind & juice
- 3 tbsp. coconut (odorless) or sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp. date syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50g coconut chips, toasted
- 4 tbsp. honey, agave or maple syrup
- 10 Medjool dates (deseeded), chopped
- raspberries, blueberries, Coyo yoghurt or almond milk
Preparation time – 20 mins, cooking time – 25-30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, gas mark 5, 180°C (160°C fan-assisted).
- Cover a large baking tray with My Relationship with food silicon baking mat or parchment paper, add the sifted oats, chopped pistachios and desiccated coconut and spread in an even layer.
- In a small saucepan gently heat the oil, date syrup, orange juice & rind, then pour over the granola and mix together.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, check every 5 minutes and stir to ensure the nuts don’t over brown or burn. Bake until crisp and golden.
- Remove the mixture from the oven and drizzle over the honey, agave or maple syrup, mix up the granola and place back in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray, add the toasted coconut and chopped dates.
- Serve with cold milk or yogurt, topped with blueberries and raspberries.
Serve coconut yogurt, topped with granola, raspberries and blueberries. You can be adventurous with your nuts and seeds. When cooked you can add an assortment of dried fruits. My preference is for dried banana chips and pecans, but once you get the hang of making your own, you really can be adventurous! You can store the granola in a kilner jar for up to a month.
Let me know in the comments below if you get to try it 😊