Recipe and recipe photography by Divine Chocolate
White Chocolate Gateau: White Chocolate Day. (Updated post. First published here 17th July 2016).
Hello friends, happy white chocolate day.
Love white chocolate? I do!
White Chocolate Gateau anyone?
White Chocolate Gateau created by Gregg Wallace.
How To Make A White Chocolate Gateau:
Preparation time 45 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking time 25–30 minutes
- Butter, for greasing
- 4 eggs
- 125 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 125 g (4 oz) plain flour
- 50 g (2 oz) Divine White Chocolate, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons rosewater, or 2–3 drops rose essence
- 150 ml (1⁄4 pint) crème fraîche
- 200 g (7 oz) Divine White Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 75 g (3 oz) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons single cream, at room temperature
- 125 g (4 oz) icing sugar
- White chocolate curls
- Sugared rose petals (optional)
- Sifted icing sugar, for dusting
White Chocolate Gateau Method:
- Grease and line the bases of two 20 cm (8 inch) round sandwich tins. Whisk the eggs and caster sugar together in a large bowl using a hand-held electric whisk until thick enough to leave a trail when the whisk is lifted.
- Sift the flour into the bowl. Add the grated chocolate and fold in using a large metal spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and bake in a preheated oven, 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4, for 20–25 minutes until just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Stir the rosewater into the crème fraîche and use to sandwich the 2 cakes together on a serving plate.
- Put the white chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water so that the base of the bowl is not touching the water and leave until melted. Allow to cool, then stir in the cream and icing sugar and beat until smooth. Leave the mixture to cool further until it forms soft peaks, then spread over the top and side of the cake using a palette knife.
- Decorate the top of the cake with white chocolate curls, sugared rose petals, if you like, and a light dusting of icing sugar.
- The sugared rose petals decorating this cake enhance the subtle rosewater flavouring. To make, lightly brush fresh rose petals with beaten egg white and dust them with caster sugar. Leave to dry on non-stick greaseproof paper for 1–2 hours before using.
White Chocolate Gateau.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Divine Chocolate*
*No Payment was received*
You Might Also Like These White Chocolate Recipes:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- How To Make A Healthy Watermelon Cucumber Slushy
- How To Make Celery Sausage Rolls With A Beer Dip
- How To Use Jerte Picota Cherries At A Garden Party
- Make And Enjoy Some BerryWorld Pimm’s Lollies This Summer
- How To Make Jerk Pork And Shallot Skewers With Pineapple Salsa
- BerryWorld Blackberry Mint Mojito: Perfect For Your BBQ Parties
- Pulled Pork Nachos: Fully Loaded And Tasty
- How To Make Toasted Garlic Hummus With Radishes And Pitta Bread
- 9 Tasty Lemon Recipes
- BerryWorld Mixed Berry Pavlova For Easter