Anise, Almond and Cranberry Biscuits.
Hello, how is your week going? Are your children off school now for the Summer holiday? Looking for a recipe to bake with the kids?
It is raining today here so we having a stay at home day today and not going too far. I think this afternoon we might do a spot of baking.
Fancy making some biscuits?
How about trying these Anise, Almond and Cranberry Biscuits?
How To Make Anise, Almond and Cranberry Biscuits:
Makes 20 biscuits
2 star anise, ground in a coffee grinder or pestle and mortar
200g Meridian almond butter
325g self-raising flour
125g caster sugar
100g dried cranberries
2 egg yolks, beaten
Anise, Almond and Cranberry Biscuits Method:
1. Heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/Gas 4. Grind the star anise to a powder. Put the almond butter, flour and anise powder into a food processor and whizz for a minute to form breadcrumbs. Tip into a bowl and stir through the sugar and cranberries.
2. In a small bowl beat the egg yolks with 3tbsp water then tip into the biscuit crumb. Mix to a dough. This is quite crumbly dough so you’ll need to get your hands into the bowl to bring it all together.
3. Roll out onto a floured surface to approximately ½ cm thick then cut into 20 biscuits. Lay onto greased baking sheets and bake for 20mins until they are light brown.
4. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack then dust with icing sugar. Keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks.
Cook’s tip – the biscuit dough is quite crumbly when rolled but don’t worry if it breaks, just press and prod it back together.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
What do you think?
Fancy making some of these Anise, Almond and Cranberry Biscuits?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to try this recipe out and share your thoughts with us.
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust
- Goat’s Cheese Brushetta: Great For Christmas Starters
- What To Make On Chocolate Covered Anything Day?
- 10 Drinks Ideas To Try Out This Christmas 2020
- Rudolph’s Cranberry Mocktail: How Amazing!?
- Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!!
- Parfait Day: Layer Up Your Fruit, Cream And Nuts